Sussex Bushcraft Group: Febuary Meet on 25th/26th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Have a good run out everyone - my second sprog has just turned up so won't be able to join in for a few months. Once she's letting MrsDave and I sleep a bit I can't wait to join in again :)

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I am hoping to make it this weekend but at the moment I have back pain so not sure what will happen.
Prior to this I was a bit under the weather so did not commit.
Hoping to see you fine people again even you R.
Bacon and sausages were purchased ages ago and reside in the freezer, porage is mixed and waiting, the rest I can blag from you guys. ha ha.

Later guys.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Got chicken and veg for a casserole Hugo. More than one can eat, so hoping a few people join me Saturday and christen my new Dutch oven, and Spandit, no, not like that.

I'll bring some rice or potatoes or something. Maybe some stock cubes/herbs/wine?

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Spuds will be good, can pop them in with the chicken and bits. Got some wine for the pot, a bit left in a bottle that needs using up. Stock cube and herbs done.

Looking forward to this weekend. Will probably forget something, I always do.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got your KFS set, didn't use it in the end (will remember mine this time!). I'll bring some dumpling mix too - that should fill some tums

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Im supposed to be working on Saturday, but i cant get hold of, nor have i heard from the guy im supposed to be working with, so if i dont hear from him by this time tomorrow, i think i may join you chaps this weekend, i'll cater for myself if i do come over that way there wont be an excess of grub in the communual pot and nobody is out of pocket that way either, but i'll perhaps bring a hip flask of Blackberry or Sloe Gin with me:)

If i do get there, is there anything else people want me to bring, Bow drill, Net makling gear etc ?, im assuming you will all be up on D1 again, if so do you need another water container or is the water back on now?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
1 Neumo
2 Monkey Boy (if the snow is gone)
3 Peter_t
4 Clayton
5 SimonH
6 widu13 + tribe probably
7 spandit (feeling guilty, though)
8 Jackcbr
9 Kep (possibly, see above post)

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Looks like I'll have to come just to keep you guys in check.

1 Neumo
2 Monkey Boy (if the snow is gone)
3 Peter_t
4 Clayton
5 SimonH
6 widu13 + tribe probably
7 spandit (feeling guilty, though)
8 Jackcbr
9 Kep (possibly, see above post)
10 Hugo
11 hellobayo --- might be on Sunday.

12 Hemdale should be turning up with a bit of luck.

Last edited:

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Slight change of plan for me, I'll be down for the afternoon tomorrow and the day only on Saturday because my lot are going out too and the mutt will be left in for too long otherwise.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Sounds like we will be having quite a busy meet, so am looking forward to this one. Weather should be good by the sound of it, with it only going down to 4C on Saturday night. I have my new hammock to try out, a Warbonnet Blackbird, which should be good; I tried it for an hour last weekend and it looks like it will be the one for me.

Kepis: If you can bring some bow drill or hand rill sets that would be appreciated.

Not sure what we are doing about food but I will probably bring another chicken along as I am liking a roast dinner round the fire these days. Should be along on Saturday morning but might come for the Friday if I can get away.

Am to sure of the pitch as I have been mega busy at work but will call them in the morning & post which one we will be on. If in doubt ask at the office or ask one of the staff.

Looking forward to seeing you round the campfire soon.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Okey dokey, i'll bung a couple of bow drill sets in the car, although it might be more fun to find and make a working set on site?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
That would be cool. I'd like to try hand drill too & maybe flint & steel

I'll put my flint & steel in, i have plenty of char cloth made up and have a small amount of Amadou as well, the hand drill is hard work, might be better to leave it until the summer when the ambient conditions would be better suited, ie warm & dry vs. cool & damp, but if you want to try it then i'll bung a few sets in the car.

While i think of it, has anyone got a kettle or do you want me to bring mine (4 pinter)?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE