Sussex Bushcraft Group: Febuary Meet on 25th/26th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
In honour of Frank Carson: It's a cracker!

We had a great time. Could you please keep the camp fire discussion down to a dull roar next time? Oh, and if you could find another log that is especially shaped to be devoid of any heat at all on my side of the fire that'd be great.

Hugo,

Hope you have warmed up and are okay.

See you all soon.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Sorry to leave you guys hanging whilst I packed and upped sticks to get back home. Never did get in my basha that night.
Better to be home when you are feeling crook, much better now mind.
As always you guys were a right laugh and I look forward to meeting you all next time.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
great meet as always guys, thanks for having me i really enjoyed the laughs, hugo hope you are ok mate,

a great nite with all tho's stars we had, cant wait for the next one 

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
had a great time chaps & of course chapesses, loads of laughs, learnt a few things as well, some nice tipples last evening as well - quality time, will post some pics up later

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Sounds like I missed a good laugh on Saturday night although I did enjoy my brief afternoon visit. Good to meet some of you that I hadn't met and some of the new faces too! Will definitely be there for the whole weekend next time.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Another great meet with the usual fine group of people. Learned quite a bit, drank lots of tea, made some forks & a chopping board, so all in all a good weekend. Nice to see a few new faces show up, that will hopefully become regulars. I was pleased that my froe had a busy first proper outing & was going through most things with ease; it needs a new handle but that will be fixed sometime soon. Thanks to everyone for attending & I hope you all had a much fun as I did. Big thanks to Jake for the stew which was good.

We sort of agreed that the next meet will be the last weekend of March, the 24th/25th of March, so I made a provisional booking at the office for & D1E is unfortunately booked that weekend. We can talk about where we want to go when I put the March meet thread up in a bit.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Ditto to all the above. These meets are the highlight of my month. Never known such a friendly atmosphere.

Hugo. I do hope it wasn't the cooking that made you unwell. Kepis, many thanks for the knitting lesson, I'm looking forward to doing some drilling next time.spandit, you truly are one of a kind and for that we are all thankful. And everyone else a big thank you for a top notch weekend. Roll on march (the month, not the walking)

And one final thank you to Our Lord JC. Thank you for providing your bountiful firewood from on high. It did burn bright and hot and consumed the unsplitable log

Last edited:

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thanks Neumo, lucky there wasn't too many of us as my mobile canteen isn't quite up to Neil's standards. But if we all learnt nothing else this weekend, it's that a potato is a vegetable, isn't that right Widu :cool:

and we learned that there are no street lights in the woods, didnt we Hugo;):)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE