Survive That!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
If 'the other fella who shall not be named' was to have filmed that stunt (the take-down from a dentist in 'London') there would be people calling him a charlatan and a fraud ... :)

Very staged and contrived, but great viewing all the same :)

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
yeah, I agree, the take downs are a bit far fetched. But I would like to think the rest is real. I mean they look as rough as I do from sleeping out. But feel they may be pointed in the right direction as whenever they "go the wrong way" they always happen across someone. Mind you the guy who hit the coast and just sat there having made a good camp and had plenty of food and water seemed well sorted.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I will watch any old survival show with the hope to learn something new even if its just a tiny tidbit of info.
Problem is the editing and format of these American based shows,

Start off with showing a clip from every future episode for the first 5 minutes
Then a panel of experts pontificate for 5 minutes,
Then we have a bunch of flashy graphics for another few minutes,
Finally we get to see some of the actual content for about 30 seconds then a commercial break.
After returning from the break we RECAP!!! over the things that happened 5 minutes ago for 5 minutes, then a little more show before repeating the same footage from different angles over again!!
Then more commercials and recaps and REPEAT. If the viewer needs a recap for something that happened minutes ago they need to get checked out by a neurologist.

I skipped all the waffle, repeated footage/re-caps and the program was about 11 minutes long.

I just cant watch the American stuff any more. Ed Staffords recent shows were how it should be done.

Rant over.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE