surplusandadventure misadventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
For your convenience, the SHOP is OPEN 7 days A week
Coneybury Farm Shop Complex, Alcester Road, Flyford Flavell, Worcestershire, WR7 4DF
maybe a little personal visit may do the trick, usually works for me. i know its a liberty having to go a long way for a small amount but maybe the threat of your arrival may help?

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
Dingo said:
For your convenience, the SHOP is OPEN 7 days A week
Coneybury Farm Shop Complex, Alcester Road, Flyford Flavell, Worcestershire, WR7 4DF
maybe a little personal visit may do the trick, usually works for me. i know its a liberty having to go a long way for a small amount but maybe the threat of your arrival may help?

Dingo

I have included a link to this thread in my last few emails to S&A so that the proprietor [Martin] can see the conversation thread. I would hope that whatever currently impedes his better judgement changes once he sees how his actions are viewed by his paying customers.

Vince

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Good for you Zam..... as you say the money isn't the point, it's the being basically lied to that's so bad. having said that I bet the interest on that ammount that you are paying on your credit card while they have your money isn't far off the petrol costs to go and get it back!

I agree with MBM, if they want the business of us the paying customer then we need to know they are a reputable company and to discuss this in public is the only way to go.

Lets hope the owner or manager see's this thread and realises just how much business he's potencially losing by providing such bad service to one of our members.

Bam.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I wonder if they have had a change of manager or some such? Reason I say this is up until a year ago everything I ordered was great (this was when it was run by the ex-squaddies) - that said in the time since then I have had the same problems as above, I ordered a new parka in a large and got a second (grade 2 or worse) in a medium when I asked for a refund it took weeks to get it - although in the end a cheque did arrive.

Seems at some point last year a transistion was make and their previous excellent service petered out, so much so that I will not shop there anymore.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Thanks for letting us know about the poor service you have received.

i was planning an order now i shall look elsewhere. it takes ages to biuld a good reputation and seconds to lose it. Retailers survive on trust and reputation.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
You just cannot make this stuff up:

Today, 5 months after the original order and 2 months after S&A undertook to issue a refund for the goods not sent, a parcel arrived in the post dated 03/05/05. See below!!!

Unbelievable. I mean, getting the order wrong once....never responding to an email...promising a refund on 4 occasions....and then to send the wrong stuff AGAIN????!!!!

Mail%20frank.JPG

Jacket%20+%20trouser%20size%20W.JPG

Supersize%20me%20W.JPG

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Aside from the service ( or lack thereon) perhaps the forum can post a thread on UK salesterms and invite a retailer to explain the acquisition of surplus kit. It took me several disasters to learn new or used excellent meant I would get decent stuff and the rest is rubbish and 'like' or 'equal to' is a optimistic euphemism for counterfeit knockoff junk ( just how does a chicom factory make the allready awfull G.I. anglehead flashlight even worse :eek: ) Some retailers would have you believe they are a Walter Middie adventurer and located a crate of unissued zeltbhans in a Serbian poultry farm. The truth is if one guy has Morroccan Ski Patrol Anoraks at least 3 other vendors will too. This stuff doesn't last forever either. If you see something you fancy research the vendors, go with one who has good service and an honest description and buy it when stocks are first offered. Fail, and you'll look like Brad Pitt walking into Lhasa :D

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
I have emailed Surplus and Adventure the following email. I will keep this forum updated on developments:

Surplus and Adventure
In January 2005 I ordered various items from your company under reference number 1561604. You delivered 2 out of three items plus one wrong item. I returned the wrong item by post and waited a further period for the missing item to come into stock at S&A and to then be delivered. The item had still not come into stock a month later by which time it was mutuallly agreed that you would issue a refund in respect of that item. [GOR010 Goretex two-piece flectarn suit sized LARGE, price £49.95] I was also promised a refund in respect of the postage incurred sending the wrong item back. I have received neither.

This week I have received, unbidden, from your company a GOR010 suit with mis-matched trouser and jacket sizings. This is as inappropriate as the the first incorrect delivery. I must insist on a full refund immediately. I also require that you send a self addressed envelope for the return of these unwanted items as I have good reason to believe that you will not reimburse me for the cost of returning these unwanted goods.

I have given reasonable notice of my requirements. If I do not have a full refund in 7 days I will proceed to take this matter to the Small Claims Court for remedy.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
I have received two emails from S&A today. They constitute the only communication I have had from S&A since confirmation of my order in January! I must asume that they are from the same person although no names are offered. In the first email timed at 13:26 today it is stated that a refund in respect of the suit was made "two weeks ago".

I checked this assertion with Barclaycard today by phone at 14:35 only to have it confirmed that no funds have reached my account. I therefore emailed S&A back with this information.

They then responded with:

Hi there.

I have confimation that your card (4929 xxxx xxxx 0009) was refunded £39.95
on the 5-May-05 10:15:47. I can provide evidence of this if you require. The
suit you have recieved must have been despatched by the office staff at your
request as I have no record of this in the shop. You will need to contact us
via phone after 12am on Monday and ask to speak with a member of staff in the
office. They will be able to talk you through the refund process and explain
it in more detail. I am unable to offer you any more information at this
time.

Sales Team

Surplus & Adventure
Coneybury Farm Shop
Alcester Road
Flyford Flavell
Worcestershire
WR7 4DF

Sales - 01386 793900 or 01386 792906

Mmmmm....That does not sound like two weeks ago. That sounds like yesterday! And it is £10.00 short of a refund. With regard to the rest of the statement, I can only speculate that the person sending the email is somewhat detatched from the department receiving the emails the web interface invites.

I will secure full restitution in the Small Claims Court if they do not refund the full £49.95. And they will have to send extra funds for return of the unwanted goods or an SAE.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
yes, do keep us posted on what happens Zambezi! i would say if you feel that strongly about it head for the courts right now, the thread will probably kick them in to action, with out doing so this is simply going to cost you more and more in your time and energy!

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Remember that Legally if someone sends you something you have not asked for, after 6 months it is yours. If you inform them you have it and ask them to collect it, you own it after 3 months. It is their responsability to come and collect it at a reasonable time and there is no requirement for you to go out of your way to be in to hand it over. So persue your refund but as to the jacket they sent you, the onus is on them to come and get it

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Good for you zambezi! I'm pursuing a similar case with Sony, I've found that if you find the specific person who's responsible, deal directly with him/her, push hard, perhaps threaten to go public (magazines love lettters defaming companies and frequently will take up your case for you, and sometimes publish what happens!), and you'll often get what you want.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE