surplusandadventure misadventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I will ask the question anyway. Has anyone else had problems with www.surplusandadventure.co.uk ?

Three months on and Martin has still not refunded me £49.95 that his company deducted from my card for goods they never delivered. That despite promises to complete the refund in four separate phone calls in the last 8 weeks.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
Doug

Thanks for the link. Seems I am not the only one to have delivery issues [wrong sizes/wrong goods/delivery omissions]. That said, I am assuming that all of the problems recorded in that 2004 link were resolved.

Waiting for goods is one thing. I am still waiting for a refund that SurplusAndAdventure [Martin] agreed to make 3 months ago! That is my money.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
These guys and their service is absolute pants if you ask me! they still owe me postage for a returned wrong order :( , i will never use them again, id rather pay more and go somewhere with good customer service. I can sympathise with you buddy...

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Paganwolf said:
These guys and their service is absolute pants if you ask me! they still owe me postage for a returned wrong order :( , i will never use them again, id rather pay more and go somewhere with good customer service. I can sympathise with you buddy...

But where else can you get Swedish Day Packs?
Neil

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Maybe we should e-mail all the threads to them see what they say it might just come down to a doughnut working in storeroom.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
MagiKelly said:
Just contact your credit card company or bank direct yourself and they should credit you. The credit companies are usually very helpful with this type of thing.

Yup, I have already started down that road. Apparently Barclaycard have so many similar complaints running at the moment, the relevant documentary paperwork I have supplied to them will take about 2 weeks to process. :(

Like you, Jon, I was verbally promised (repeatedly) a refund in respect of the undelivered item plus the cost of posting the unrequested item back. I have received neither.

In the future I will shop elsewhere. Any notional savings you might make because of a low list price is blown away by failures to deliver and, in my case, witholding monies due.I will share my experience with any friends who shop for similar kit on the web.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
mal said:
Maybe we should e-mail all the threads to them see what they say it might just come down to a doughnut working in storeroom.

Mal

Wish that were true. The fact is that the front office guys [Chris & Russell] have passed on the requisite info to the manager/owner Martin on several occasions. My last conversation was with Martin himself. He swore he would make the refund more than a month ago.....

I don't think the doughnut is in the front office....

Vince

Wildpacker

Feb 25, 2005
UK
I've never had any complaints about these people. But I've never had to return anything or request a refund.

Had another delivery this week of exactly what I wanted, exactly what I ordered (not always the same thing!) and within four working days of the order.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I've never had any problems with the company in question... actually they have always delivered my goods ...as ordered... on time, or let me know if something is out of stock.

but.....

If they owe you money/goods ... and they still arn't giving it to you after repeatedly contacting them... give them one last try and then contact trading standards.

Ed

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
bambodoggy said:
Where abouts are they based Zamo? Maybe a visit in person might be called for? ? ? :eek:

Bambo

The website states they are based in Worcestershire. Too far for a casual drive or to collect just £49.95. But heck, surely 8 phone calls should be enough? I cannot believe that it is in their interests to withold monies they owe given the negative publicity it generates.

If the credit card company's interaction with S&A does not supply satisfaction, I may make the trip out of principle.

Vince

chris said:
Should this not be dealt with off a public forum? :)
My own 2ps worth, I've never dealt with the company involved before, but this would be just the sort of information I would want to know about and would look for before making an order. There are both positive and negative things being said so it's not as if the company involved are taking a complete slating. Personally I think it should definately be on a public forum, but and I stress BUT that is just my own personal opinion

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
chris said:
Should this not be dealt with off a public forum? :)

Chris

I had spent over 8 weeks trying to resolve this privately. I have had undertakings that the refund would be actioned "today" or "this week" on several occasions during this period.

It was only once it became clear that S&A were not keeping their word that I decided to make my experience public. The fact that others have had similar experiences validates the need for this kind of public forum.

In this day and age we need to share our experiences [good and bad] since many internet vendors are all but unreachable. Caveat emptor.

Vince

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE