Surplus and Outdoors?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Evening All,
Son of Tanith has come back from a camp where he was a scout helper for the old cub pack he was in.
He's expressed a kit want (following in his father's footprints there....) He wants a DPM goretex jacket like mine. Which is cool.
Dutifully I have hunted around online and found one online at Surplus and Outdoors.

However, I also recall there being two stores with similar names. Surplus and Outdoors being one Surplus and Adventure being the other. One I recall was good, the other.... Not so good when it came to orders and customer services.

Before I make the order can someone reassure me surplus and outdoors is the good un?

I've tried searching through the forum and had no joy.

All advise gratefully received

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Surplus and Outdoors is fine, had stuff from there with no dramas. Surplus and Adventure was the iffy one, although I've never ordered from there but do remember the issues others had. Hope that helps.

Reactions: MartinK9

Hodge

Nomad
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
I agree with nolightweight. I have always had a good experience with Surplus and Outdoors going back to 1974 when they had a shop in Stourbridge founded I believe by the present owners Father who was German and opened the shop after staying here after being a POW. I was at the Kidderminster shop last week they now only offer mail order and click and collect.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Surplus and Outdoors are very reliable, they may not open in real space anymore but they are very quick to despatch your order if you place it on line. I tend to click and collect as they are opposite the Severn valley railway and it is good to have an excuse to visit.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
I've always found S&O good to deal with.

Like all surplus though, some of the 'Grading' can be highly subjective. Double check their returns policy etc.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Bought a few things from Surplus and Outdoors over the years, and never had a problem with them.

Last item being a set of grade 1 stainless steel dutch army mess tins, and they looked pretty much unused to me.

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE