Support for Gurkhas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
I'm sure you will all have seen the recent publicity around the high court case which has ruled that the governments refusal to allow retired members of the Gurkha regiment to settle in the UK is unlawfull.

This ruling means that the government must now make changes to the law.

If you wish to add your support to the campaign to allow these ex soldiers to retire and live out their lives in the country that they have defended and fought for then please add your name to the petition at

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/

Many thanks

Stewart

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
They fight for us.

They serve our Queeen

They die for us.

Each and every one should have the right to live here should they so choose. Its that simple.

Singed up.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I have the utmost respect for the Ghurkas and have had the good fortune to serve with them on a few occasions. Folk can sometimes be a bit wary of them, their misunderstanding and ignorance of these fine people strengthens their prejudices towards them. If they took the time to sit and talk with them or work alongside them, they'd realise that they are men of honour, and have a wicked sense of humour to boot. I never met a Ghurka I didn't like, which is more than can be said for British Troops I've met in the past!

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I have the utmost respect for the Ghurkas and have had the good fortune to serve with them on a few occasions. Folk can sometimes be a bit wary of them, their misunderstanding and ignorance of these fine people strengthens their prejudices towards them. If they took the time to sit and talk with them or work alongside them, they'd realise that they are men of honour, and have a wicked sense of humour to boot. I never met a Ghurka I didn't like, which is more than can be said for British Troops I've met in the past!

Was lucky to have the 7th rifles as the RIC when I was down the Falklands :D great guys always immaculate.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
During WW2 a British officer had the idea of training a company of Gurkhas as parachute troops.

He got a bunch of twenty Gurkhas together and explained that they would be taken up in a plane and would jump at five thousand feet over enemy territory

"Right then chaps", said the officer, "you lot have a reputation as the bravest of the brave. Let's have show of hands to see who's up for it."

The men talked together for a while before 16 of them tentatively raised their hands.

The officer was astounded! Were these really the fearless fighting men he'd heard so much about?

"Come along chaps", he exclaimed, "only 16 volunteers out of 20... surely you can do better than that?"

The men talked some more amongst themselves. Eventually, a Gurkha sergeant approached the officer.

"Well sir," he began, "16 of us have no problem with what you ask. But four of the lads are still a bit nervous... they'd like to ask whether they could start at 300ft and work their way up to 5000ft?"

"Don't be daft!" replied the officer, "at 300ft there's not enough time for the parachute to open!"

"Ah!", said the sergeant, as the remaining hands shot up, "we didn't realise we got a parachute!"

:)

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Signed up. The politicians and money men who have done their best to prevent the Gurkhas to live here should be hanging their head in shame. Where is the sense of honour in these people (politicians/money men)

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Signed up. The politicians and money men who have done their best to prevent the Gurkhas to live here should be hanging their head in shame. Where is the sense of honour in these people (politicians/money men)

If they gave up one weeks expenses, they could give a Gurkha a home for a year....Only my cynical opinion :tapedshut

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I could not agree more with what has been said I did sign the petition I would be a National disgrace if or government were to send them back to Nepal my father fought along side them in Malaya and held them in high regard both as soldiers and as friends I myself trained along side them and found them to be very quick to learn new skills and also get free drinks:D

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I would need to look for the press release but...:soapbox:
On the same day as a sex offender was allowed back in to the UK
a Gurkha was refused entry to receive medical treatment for a wound received in the Falklands?????:censored: :censored: :banghead: :banghead:

End of Rant..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE