Support for Gurkhas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I have worked with gurkhas and found them to be a proud group of soldiers.I once read of them being descibed as heatseeking ferrets and can confirm its true.If you'd like to read a bit about them I can recommend "Dont cry for me segeant major" if you can still find it.
Signed up!

mortalmerlin

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Belgium (ex-pat)
It is difficult to respond to this kind of thread without breaking several rules of the forum.

Trying really hard not to resort to swearing - If there is any one group of people on the planet that deserve UK citizenship it is the Gurkhas. And how a group of people with not 100th of their worth can seek to exclude them is beyond my understanding.

Signed up and sent mails to all friends and family to do the same.

I will also be writing to my MP (still registered to vote :) ). Every bit of preassure helps.

leon-1

I missed this, but to be honest had already signed it.

I had the pleasure of serving with the Gurkha's for 5years, they have the strictest of rules to adhere to of most any unit in the British armed forces, they have a greater sense of respect and honour than you will find most anywhere else and politicians should not be mentioned in the same breath so as not to taint their name.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
I guy I used to know did National Service (that gives you an idea of his age), can't remember the unit but it was Light Infantry and so they commonly had Gurkhas out on exercise with them.

He told me of the many times he'd been on picket and had felt a touch on his boot followed by the whisper "All right Tommy" from somewhere down near his ankles, he said it was quite a shock even when it had happened before........and also that its very important to lace your boots up properly if those lads are about

Signing up now

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I noticed a small snippet in one of the red tops today ....

"Gurkha soldiers will soon be allowed to live in Britain after the Home Secretary vowed to announce new rules in the next three weeks"

Whether it comes about is another story so we'll have to wait and see.

About bloody time too I say

scrubcutter

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2008
Dorset
I noticed a small snippet in one of the red tops today ....

"Gurkha soldiers will soon be allowed to live in Britain after the Home Secretary vowed to announce new rules in the next three weeks"

Whether it comes about is another story so we'll have to wait and see.

About bloody time too I say

Well, as of end of March 2009 there is still no sign of them being allowed in!

I guess the government wants to exclude Gurkha's, along with firearms, and knives, and voicing a democratic opinion, to prevent the likelihood of a revolution against it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE