Sunday 18th Oct - Coniston - Canoeing - anyone interested?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Nice, what's the design you're getting ?

I'm gonna ask her to do me one but I can't think what to have on it :confused:

I dont know yet. I was thinking about something involving my bind rune and a bit of celtic knotwork.......but I might just let her have it and say......"have fun, do what you want"

Greg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I dont know yet. I was thinking about something involving my bind rune and a bit of celtic knotwork.......but I might just let her have it and say......"have fun, do what you want"

Greg

I quite fancy an otter half out of the water, stood up proud on his front legs on a rock.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got a couple of blinged-up barrels to give away for a few quid if anyone's interested.

They could do with new seals running in, a bit of draft excluder foam would do grand, and the screw lids are a bit awkward sometimes. Five minutes work should sort them out though.

I've got this one which is about 35L maybe ..
DSC01364.jpg

.... and another fatter one which is about 55L I think, no pic of that as it's in the loft right now but it's identical.

I've blinged them up with some Plasticote paint I had left over from something else, they've had one coat of laquer but could do with a couple more probably. Old karrimat foam on the lids for a seat :)

£3 for the liitle one and £5 for the biggy.

Let me know if anyone's interested and I'll sling them in the car and you can have a look on Sunday.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
So, just a rough count for the number of tea bags and buns...

Should be 10-13 landing Sunday morning with a few others joining us later from t'other side after camping.

Unfortunately, unable to get there Sat night for some camping but will make sure the water is boiling after 8.30

Weather still looks good for most of the day. Bring a cup.

See you on Sunday

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I need to be away for about 2 'ish as I need to be near home for call-out from 4 pm. I'll just play it by ear and make my own way back to the cars though so no stress really.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Rich, I think a few need to be away by 2 also, plus the weather will be coming in after lunch so that sounds like a good time to escape.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just checking Lee, are we meeting around SD 310 952 ?

What motor are you driving ? I'm coming up from the south end of the lake so I'll keep an eye out for you.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Just checking Lee, are we meeting around SD 310 952 ?

What motor are you driving ? I'm coming up from the south end of the lake so I'll keep an eye out for you.

Rich, spot on with your location. If heading north along that road, you'll see what looks a bit like a large lay-by on your right, keep going another 40 yards to get to the car park. You'll see the smoke and smell the bacon by then!!

I'm in a Laguna but should be unpacked and on the pebble beach by 8.

Weather is nice up here if a little chilly.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
An enjoyable morning was had by all, I think. A damp start which gradually turned to wet. Dark and gloomy but perfect for the Lakes. What's that word you use so well Toddy, dreich ?

Good to put more names to faces once again, some old and some new.

A big thanks to Lee for the bacon butty, nice one fella I owe you one.

A few pics from me. Nothing exciting and I've had to can a load of them due to my camera not liking damp climates.

DSC01369.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

A colourful bunch, makes a nice change to stealthy greens
DSC01368.jpg

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

Will she float ? The Black Pearls' maiden voyage :)
DSC01374.jpg

No problem. Lovely job on her btw Ian.
DSC01376.jpg

DSC01384.jpg

A poor effort at the required SOTP shot. T'was gloomy though :)
DSC01383.jpg

We'll have to do it again soon.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Sunday...Typical Lake District weather!! A few pictures..

4027315276_4282644664.jpg

4027319320_df2fd259bf.jpg

4026569893_10b98cee77.jpg

4027327014_63d175721e.jpg

4027332346_c4c606d015.jpg

As the group from the Black Sheep approached, it was only then that despite remembering the Jolly Roger, someone had forgotten to bring a cannon and talks of a boarding party were had in the centre of Coniston !:swordfigh
4027336978_626a987079.jpg

No pictures from the island or the return journey, too much rain for the camera. Despite the weather a good day was had by all.
Enjoyed meeting a few people at last.
Hopefully the next trip (with or without canoe's) will be for a few days so the fat can be chewed properly and the world put right over numerous brews!

Must say a thank you to Chestnut Bob who saved my bacon (literally) by supplying a frying pan at the last minute when the grilled bacon wasn't going too well!!! (I'll be better prepared next time!).

A good day. :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE