Suggestions on what to make from bronze

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Red, what is that?

The symbology on that thing is screaming at me.

Comes with a black leather uniform....and the last of the V8 interceptors

d087.jpg

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Sorry Mark:D:jacked:

:D

View attachment 11452side one of 1
View attachment 11453side two of 1

View attachment 11454side one of 2
View attachment 11455side two of 2

Nice ones Southey. On that first coin, side two, there is a scroll along the bottom. That's where you have your name engraved (it's your responsibility after being awarded the coin) If you haven't had that done before you're challenged it's the same as not having a coin and you'll be the one responsible for buying the round of drinks.

I've got to get more tech savvy so I can post up a pic of mine (9th SOS) No color involved, it's a straight bonze (or brass?) coin.

Last edited:

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
How about some bronze nuts?I:e hazel nuts, brazil ect..I've seen them done before.Beautiful and tactile.I believe they are made by wrapping the nut in clay and baking until the nut shell burns out then the hollow is filled with bronze.A kinda odd lost wax type process.
What sort of furnace do you have?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I'm using a new technique for working with metals. Basically i get some copper and tin powder, mix it at 89% copper 11% tin, add in distilled water and olive oil which form an organic binder and basically makes the metal into clay. You then work the clay as you would any clay and make what you want. Let it dry and it gets the feel and stiffness of leather. You then apply all the fine work and other bits thats too hard to do when the clays soft. You then fire it in a kiln buried in activated carbon for a low oxygen environment. Start the heat off slowly to burn off the organic binders then ramp the kiln up to a set temperature, this then sinters all the metal particles into one solid piece of metal. What goes in as clay, comes out as metal. You can do it with pretty much any metal, from gold to iron. You just need a programmable kiln that can get hot enough. I have one for my knifemaking stuff. Its my partner Rachael who told me about it, she does it in silver as she makes jewellery.

Like the sound of the nut idea, could probably do it. as the kiln goes up to 1300C.

How about some bronze nuts?I:e hazel nuts, brazil ect..I've seen them done before.Beautiful and tactile.I believe they are made by wrapping the nut in clay and baking until the nut shell burns out then the hollow is filled with bronze.A kinda odd lost wax type process.
What sort of furnace do you have?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE