Suggestions on what to make from bronze

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

udamiano

On a new journey
how about some bronze age tools, partially as a academic option, or to sell as working reproduction tools for bronze age groups

rammexhibitionatpostbridgegoingforbronze_1.jpg

(Above) Bronze age axe heads

Gythral

Jul 5, 2012
Highlands
Axe, Anthromorphic hilt fittings, spear head, nut crackers.

I'm sure that serpent, or dragon shapes from celtic or later art work could inspire decorative tools and jewelry!

Have fun, & I cant wait to see some results.

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Possibly. Its something i'd like to make, not sure i'd have enough bronze for one of those yet. Only got 200g to start with so i'm thinking smaller than that atm. :)

how about some bronze age tools, partially as a academic option, or to sell as working reproduction tools for bronze age groups

rammexhibitionatpostbridgegoingforbronze_1.jpg

(Above) Bronze age axe heads

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hilt fittings are what i am working towards for a damascus gladius im making ;) Spear heads are a good one for the future. I like serpenty stuff so another option there. :)

Axe, Anthromorphic hilt fittings, spear head, nut crackers.

I'm sure that serpent, or dragon shapes from celtic or later art work could inspire decorative tools and jewelry!

Have fun, & I cant wait to see some results.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aye, got the steel, nice big old piece of damascus. Not rushing into it though, want it to be right. It's just a practice piece for a bigger project later down the line. :)

Gythral

Jul 5, 2012
Highlands
Have fun working towards the damasaus gladius... I really fancy trying something in that area eventually...

Broaches, fancy cloak pins, etc. There's a few LARP/Reneactment groups that might have some ideas of small stuff to get you started.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thought about thors hammers. They would make nice pendants. Seen so many horrible over fancy ones online though.

Slavic sun wheel?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I will :)

Thought about larpers. I think i will have to go to a re-enactment fair or somesuch. :)

Have fun working towards the damasaus gladius... I really fancy trying something in that area eventually...

Broaches, fancy cloak pins, etc. There's a few LARP/Reneactment groups that might have some ideas of small stuff to get you started.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE