Suffolk Bushcraft Monthly Meet Feb 7th and 8th 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
OK, just thought I'd ask. coz the first one there, wouldn't know He was the first there, till they arrived at the woods to find no one there. Ok Unless someone's called no one was there,
Paul, did you find any tin plate to make your pot stand, coz I have found some .25mm stainless steel foil / sheet steel if you'd like some ?

Carl, that would be great, I've not had any luck finding any myself. Caldera cone should be fun to make.

Why not the first person there place a stone on the gate post. That way when driving past you will know if your the first or not.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thats good news Chris :) see you there...

OK John no problem :), did you want food on the Saturday at the pub :)

As far as the first person there, most of the time peeps meet at the pub at midday so you should see a number of cars :).

Trouble is putting stone on/near the post it will be forgotten.., apart from summer and seeing its winter if there are no cars in the carpark at the parking spot then your the first one there, the only cars at the mo at the woods would be mine/colins then your just go to pop back to the office.... not really a problem just keep it simple.... if two people book in it better then none.

Its something I would do any way.. you never know we know they shoot on the land and would rather know that they know we are there.. rather then rely on a stone on/near a post as such, what happens if its left from the last meet... because someone on the way out did not move it away...

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
yeah I can print it out thats No problem.. what we will need when we build it is some screws/rope if we screw/lash it

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
May have to give this one a miss, Carl keep hold of that tin for me cheers, have a good meal
No problem Paul, I'll put it to one side for you. Been looking at my kit today unsure if I'm going to ground dwell or hammock it, knowing me I'll take both, went to town today, forgot to go to the army /navy store to see if they sell the 24hour rat pack's. Well I hope you're able to make it next weekend and I hope to be there to.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
We've still got a hank of the camo ridge line we can use for lashing, and to disguise the nails. Do you think we should put a biggish piece of broken slab in the bottom of the post holes? I've got a few bits knocking around.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
To be honest I doubt we will need to use pad stones the frame wont weigh that much and its only going to have tarp tied on once a month.
Would we be wise to strip the bark off of the poles before putting them in the ground, if we would I will bring a couple of draw knives just in case we get time to do them.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nails would be good Colin :)..

I am looking forward to this one... :), plenty of work to be done, going to keep us busy :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE