Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I was thinking a double might be Ok for a few bits on my Quiver belt seeing as I missed out on a very nice on earlier on today

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice reworking stu on that chopper! Rustic charm that looks like a good workhorse! Have you asked the guys on Britishblades forum who the maker is? I bet one of them will know!

Did you put the handle on? It looks original to me!

Thanks bud, the chopers all original, handle was split but got over that with epoxy and tyraps, lol.... I did nto think about BB, , may just do that :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
BB is where I've been hiding out since the last meet! Been gathering ideas together, for a handle design I'm doing on an Eklund Nordic blade I bought ages back!

Tough bunch to please on BB, specially the Scandi traditionalist lot!

I hardly go on it... not really my main thing.. a knife is a tool...lol

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
Going back to the offer of a shed. Is am having to replace my fence posts so will have posts that can be used for a shed base. I will keep them by until we know whether or not we will be able to have a shed.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Going back to the offer of a shed. Is am having to replace my fence posts so will have posts that can be used for a shed base. I will keep them by until we know whether or not we will be able to have a shed.

OK Mate that would be great, Thank you :)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
So you all up and runing now?

Yup. Power and water are both back... Internet seems to be holding steady, generator is packed away safely (with fuel to spare, in fact) and most of the problematic trees on our estate have been made safe (I was out yesterday helping to clear them out... got some good photos too)

I'll be able to attend the meet this weekend, now that the Mrs wouldn't have to learn how to do hot-refueling on the generator.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just as a reminder I still have not got an OK from the landowner about Access to the Woods by Car, so Access is still as per Last Month, by foot Only.

The route round to the woods is NOT Car freindly when Dry so I dont know what it will be like when wet...

I want to Catch Up with the land owner this weekend to have a chat about a few things and set next years dates. so will speak to him about access then.

Thank you for your attention in this.

I will be taking the Disco in for Emergencys, I have also asked Colin to Take his 4x4 down as well... of course thats if he wants.. so we should have enough ways of getting any heavy gear down there, liek chain saws/axes.. ect, thats of course if Colin dont mind.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I just want to mention this so it doesn't come as a shock to anyone... and of course I don't know how hard the group meet site was hit by the storm... but anyway:

Keep in mind that there are a LOT of downed trees out there, and large detached limbs hanging from the higher branches of trees!
Exercise great caution when entering the woodland (not to mention en-route to the site). Scout the trees above and around your intended pitch site carefully before even setting down your pack.

Again, no idea what we'll find when we get there, but I feel it has to be said!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE