Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I dare you to post that on BB! Lol that would surely start a huge debate over there! Lol

Most of them would agree :)

Knife as tool not weapon is one of the main messages from BB.

Knives are tools and tools can be beautiful. I prefer function over form myself but fortunately form usually follows function so I can indulge my aesthetic urges too :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Steve,

You have got thr arrow ends that you can screw piles on to. ?.. Do you have a link. ?

I like the idea of being able to change piles.... :)

I know what you mean Stu! I dislike the anal side! Take knives for example, someone can create a beautiful and very functional blade, but because it's not exact Scandi traditional shape, can get knocked down!.. If it works for the user it works!

I love raw stuff like your chopper! Has attitude! I'm from a graphic design background! There's just something in me that takes on a task, (like my wooden 'pancake' plate that I 'engineered' to fit perfectly inside my Ti plate) but then I feel it just needs a bit more form, like carving leaves into it all around the rim! :0)

Even a well crafted knife that looks beautiful and takes days to make, I'd have to use! What's the point in it just sitting in the kitchen draw!

That's what I love about the bushcraft community! So many people from different backgrounds applying their trades and opinions, allow it to evolve into a kaleidoscope of function and form that can be admired, criticised and improved upon!

I have the same problem on tapatalk app! The titles could do with being shorter to squeeze the month in!
eqyteqys.jpg

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Folowing catching up with the land owner, I spoke to him concerning the following:-

Access to the woods
During the winter the access will be by foot, there is an agreement to have two 4x4 at the woodland for getting large and heavy items back and forth, and for emergency use as well. One will be my disco, any 4x4 will have to be a proper 4x4, not a soft raoder, the access will be by the old track, but with one wheel on the verge.

The footpath side is NOT not be used for any Cars ect.....

Toilet and storage
I have gained permision to install the shed for use as a long drop, and to store equipment, so Colin has agreed to bring it to the next meet.

Use of other wood lands
I have been able to get permision to use Shaddowbush Wood for those that would like to do a duel site weekend.. There will be theneed to use the same fire pit that was used on the Boone Challenge, at least two persons will have to be there for safety, as it is very clse to houses we will have to let the landowner know when we wnat to use it... It can not be a last minute decision.

4 Night Boone Challenge
I have been able to agree with the land owner upto a 4 night Boone Challenge, using the normal site, Shadowbush, and another woodland to be agreed at a later date.

Future dates
I will be booking the following dates with the land owner
3rd & 4th Jan 2014 -Monthly Meet
7th & 8th Feb 2014 - Monthly Meet
7th & 8th March 2014 - Monthly Meet
4th & 5th April 2014 - Monthly Meet
2nd & 3rd May 2014 Monly Meet - we may make this a 3 night if the guys want it due to the bank holiday
23rd May to 26th May 2014 - Provisonal 4 Night Boone Challenge.
6th & 7th June 2014 - Monthly Meet

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Following an impromtue Descusion onFriday Night of the attendees at the Meet, it was agreed to put the Meet fee up to £15 for the weekend, this would be made up of the following £10 Land Owners Site Fee and £5 to wards group funds, the funds are to be used to purchase consumables and any kit that the group agrees to at a brief meeting on a Monthly Meeting.

The Fund will be kept by Chris (Ozzy). Who will keep hold of the funds and keep a running record/recipts, these will be brought to meets with him.. All moneys used will be agreed proir to purchases.

There will be a limit to how much is in the fund, this will be agreed/ammended at the Monthly meetings.

The items brought will be for the group and not half owned by an attendee..and be kept in the group Storage.

The Store Shed will be locked with a padlock to allow access to attendees at a meet only

If the group was to fold then it will be decided by the last meeting on the disposal of the items.

The £15 Meet fee will come into place from the January Monthly Meet.

Please note I am just the messenger of the group.....

Last edited:

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Following an impromtue Descusion onFriday Night of the attendees at the Meet, it was agreed to put the Meet fee up to £15 for the weekend, this would be made up of the following £10 Land Owners Site Fee and £5 to wards group funds, the funds are to be used to purchase consumables and any kit that the group agrees to at a brief meeting on a Monthly Meeting.

The Fund will be kept by Chris (Ozzy). Who will keep hold of the funds and keep a running record/recipts, these will be brought to meets with him.. All moneys used will be agreed proir to purchases.

There will be a limit to how much is in the fund, this will be agreed/ammended at the Monthly meetings.

The items brought will be for the group and not half owned by an attendee..and be kept in the group Storage.

The Store Shed will be locked with a padlock to allow access to attendees at a meet only

If the group was to fold then it will be decided by the last meeting on the desposal of the items.

The £15 Meet fee will come into place from the January Monthly Meet.

Please note I am just the messenger of the group.....

A positive move for the group! This way, items used by the group as a whole won't be dependent entirely on the attendance of certain regulars!
Hell, still works out cheaper than a night on an over-used camp site :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Speaking to Colin, he offered to bring the shed next meet... To be honest it will nkt take many to prep the meal the get the tables teady, lol.. So in the spar time/cooking time it would make sence.... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE