Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Please note to take part in the Air Gun shooting you have to be a regular to the monthly meets

PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF YOU CAN TAKE PART IF YOU ARE NOT A REGULAR, IT IS ALL IN THE MEET DETAILS....

ARCHERY WILL NOT BE OFFERED TO REGULAR ATTENDERS UNTIL AIR GUNS HAVE SETTLED IN..

I have now hopefully made it clearer in the main posting.

Last edited:

bdshim

Forager
Sep 25, 2011
suffolk
Well typical ive got loads of work on now and in this day and age i cant turn it down so im going to have to give the July meet a miss:(.
its a shame was looking forward to it but i just cant spare the time will see how things go hopefully make the next meet

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well typical ive got loads of work on now and in this day and age i cant turn it down so im going to have to give the July meet a miss:(.
its a shame was looking forward to it but i just cant spare the time will see how things go hopefully make the next meet

OK thanks for letting us Know, maybe next time.

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
Just tried to copy and paste with my name on the meetup list for this weekend but lost the formatting. Will try again later.

Last edited:

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
[h=2]
icon1.png
2 Night Monthly Suffolk Bushcraft Group Meeting 5th and 6th July 2013[/h]
2 Night Monthly Suffolk Bushcraft Group Meeting 5th and 6th July 2013

All Welcome, Newbies, all levels of experience, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

A 10 Acre mixed Woodland that is very quiet and secluded, and lends itself to wild camping, both in Hammocks and Tents, just outside of the village of Stansfield,

Regulars that have been to the Site before - 12:00 onwards - report at Office before going to the woods.
New commers to Site - Meet at Compasses Pub, Stansfield, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 8LN. 14:00 hrs, normally finishing about midday on the Sunday. Please be on time as the Woodland is hard to find, For those that can not make it to that meet and would like to come please PM me and I will arrange another time, at the moment there are guys arriving on Saturday Morning at 9am as well.

Cost
The Camp Site charge is £10 per person for the Weekend, fees for the site to be paid to me (Big Stu) as you arrive, this will have to be in cash.

Under 18s
Are welcome to attend, they are the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian that they came to the meet with.

Behaviour
Our meets, are good natured and light hearted, with safety in mind, we aim to carry this on with self regulation, if it does not then the offending person will be asked to leave immediately.

Facilities
This is a very wild site...The nearest Toilets, Shower are back at the Bayments Farm Yard, the nearest Tap is about a 600m from the Woodland.

Personal Hygiene - there is NO toilets in the woodland, apart from the ones at the Farm, please bring your Hygiene kits, there is a Group Latrine that is to be used in all cases, it is a requirement of the Landowner.

There is a lean to one man natural shelter that can be used, if you would like to use it for a night, that would be on a first come, first serve basis, it may need re-roofing prior to use. There is also a Shave horse for use as well that was made as a group project.

Housekeeping
There is no Facility to leave rubbish on site or at the farm, please bring a Rubbish Bag for your waste and take it home; we have had occasions were other peoples pitches have been cleaned up by others, You Carry In – You Carry Out.

Fire Places and Fire scar’s to be kept to a minimum, this will depend on activities, if you make a Fire Scar for any reason, other than communal one, then it is your responsibility to clean it up, The Main communal Fire is Everyone’s responsibility to clean up after.

Vehicles and Access and Parking to site
Due to the amount of cars and access being required by the landowner, cars can go to the woodland to drop off and pick up kit, then back to parking area for the duration of the stay, the Car Parking for the woodland will be about 800m away from the woodland in a Working Farm Yard, please do not block Gates and Barn doorways.

If the ground is too wet then, most of the gear will have to walked in, I can arrange for help for people that cannot walk that far due to a health reason, I need to know this in advance.

Group Meal,
The Group meal will be provided by Simon, Thank you for the offer of that Simon, If you would like to take part in the Group Meal, can you add your name to the group meal list in this thread.

(The Group meals are supplied but the person making them, then the cost is divided between the participants, please remember Cash is required) Last couple have been a Curry by Kirkland, and a Spit Roast by Paul, thank you both.

In case of Unforseen events that may cause there to be no group meal, please allow in your catering for that emmergency meal.

Air Guns
From this meeting as a Bonus for the Regular Attendees to Monthly Meets will be able to use Air Guns (Non FAC - under 12flb only) for Target use only in a designated area, they will be subject to Chronograph before use by the Range Control Officer, (this will be Carl), and any decision on the use of Air Guns and Range that he makes will be final, and has the right to refuse the use of the gun or any person using a gun.

IF YOU ARE NOT A REGULAR ATTENDEE TO THE MONTHLY MEET PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF YOU CAN SHOOT... IT IS ONLY FOR THE REGULARS.

Please inform myself or Carl (mitch66) if you intend on bringing an Air Gun prior to arrival.

Any person not adhering to these conditions will be asked to stop the activity.

Other Info
We are still on probation at this site, so please keep to the simple rules and treat it with respect.

I will be taking the normal, Griddle, and tripod, Coleman Lamp, also a couple of Tarps, for a group shelter,

Wood can be gathered from around the site, Dead Wood only to be used.

Of course Micky being taken is compulsory....

I know people Like taking Photo's and sharing experiances, and some dont like the Photo's on the Internet, so Please bear this in mind when posting after the event,

Slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale, so a meet can be a great place to get some kit.. reason to bring a little bit of cash with you.

All Attendee's, attend and take part in any activities at their own risk....by attending you agree to this term.

First Aid
There are no First Aid facilities on site, so you will need to bring your own kit,

The nearest A & E is 20 minutes drive at;

West Suffolk Hospital
Hardwick Lane
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk IP33 2QZ,
Switchboard: 01284 713000

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meals and how many nights you’re staying,

List of Attending
1. Big Stu - 2 Nights
2. RemeaviThantos - 2 Nights Group meal please
3. mitch66 - 2 nights
4. sjstuart - 2 nights
5. Tagnut69 - 2 nights
6. Zeon98 (David) - 2 nights.
7. Bdshim - 1 night - Meeting 9am Sat at Compasses.
8. Roman Soldier
9. Mike Smith - 2 Nights (provisional, depending on work commitments) - will self cater.
10. Jjessup - Meeting 9am Sat at Compasses
11. Bryan Stanbridge -1 Night maybe 2 - Via Woodlife/Essex Outbacks#
12. KIMBOKO Nick Perry 2 nights (Meet 14:00 Compasses 14:00)

Other Dates
August 2nd and 3rd 2013 - Monthly Meet
August 24th to 28th – 4 Nighter Bank Holiday Meet - for more details see notice on thread
September 6th and 7th 2013.- Monthly Meet​

Last edited by Big Stu 12; 29-06-2013 at 18:27.​

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
It will be good to see you Nick, I am going Stright from work at 13:00 so will be at the Compass's at about 14:00 see you there mate :)

I'll Also be bringing some Axes for sale that I have done, if your interested, make me an offer, with or with out the Mask, and a Leather Sheath for a Mora if anyone interested.

Last edited:

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
SJStuart's Group meal list for the Group Meeting of 5th and 6th July 2013. Meal will be on the night of the 6th.

The meal will be my trademark Chicken Stir Fry (it's better than it sounds, I assure you) made fresh on the day. There will need to be two batches if there are more than 5 eating, but this is easily done as it doesn't take so long to make :)

Please copy this entire post and add your name to the list:
1) SJStuart
2) Big Stu
3) RemeaviThanatos
4) mitch66 Stir fry again please ��
5) tagnut69[/INDENT]
[/INDENT]

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
SJStuart's Group meal list for the Group Meeting of 5th and 6th July 2013. Meal will be on the night of the 6th.

The meal will be my trademark Chicken Stir Fry (it's better than it sounds, I assure you) made fresh on the day. There will need to be two batches if there are more than 5 eating, but this is easily done as it doesn't take so long to make :)

Please copy this entire post and add your name to the list:
1) SJStuart
2) Big Stu
3) RemeaviThanatos
4) mitch66 Stir fry again please ��
5) tagnut69[/INDENT][/INDENT]
6) KIMBOKO Nick P

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
2 Night Monthly Suffolk Bushcraft Group Meeting 5th and 6th July 2013

All Welcome, Newbies, all levels of experience, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

A 10 Acre mixed Woodland that is very quiet and secluded, and lends itself to wild camping, both in Hammocks and Tents, just outside of the village of Stansfield,

Regulars that have been to the Site before - 12:00 onwards - report at Office before going to the woods.
New commers to Site - Meet at Compasses Pub, Stansfield, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 8LN. 14:00 hrs, normally finishing about midday on the Sunday. Please be on time as the Woodland is hard to find, For those that can not make it to that meet and would like to come please PM me and I will arrange another time, at the moment there are guys arriving on Saturday Morning at 9am as well.

Cost
The Camp Site charge is £10 per person for the Weekend, fees for the site to be paid to me (Big Stu) as you arrive, this will have to be in cash.

Under 18s
Are welcome to attend, they are the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian that they came to the meet with.

Behaviour
Our meets, are good natured and light hearted, with safety in mind, we aim to carry this on with self regulation, if it does not then the offending person will be asked to leave immediately.

Facilities
This is a very wild site...The nearest Toilets, Shower are back at the Bayments Farm Yard, the nearest Tap is about a 600m from the Woodland.

Personal Hygiene - there is NO toilets in the woodland, apart from the ones at the Farm, please bring your Hygiene kits, there is a Group Latrine that is to be used in all cases, it is a requirement of the Landowner.

There is a lean to one man natural shelter that can be used, if you would like to use it for a night, that would be on a first come, first serve basis, it may need re-roofing prior to use. There is also a Shave horse for use as well that was made as a group project.

Housekeeping
There is no Facility to leave rubbish on site or at the farm, please bring a Rubbish Bag for your waste and take it home; we have had occasions were other peoples pitches have been cleaned up by others, You Carry In – You Carry Out.

Fire Places and Fire scar’s to be kept to a minimum, this will depend on activities, if you make a Fire Scar for any reason, other than communal one, then it is your responsibility to clean it up, The Main communal Fire is Everyone’s responsibility to clean up after.

Vehicles and Access and Parking to site
Due to the amount of cars and access being required by the landowner, cars can go to the woodland to drop off and pick up kit, then back to parking area for the duration of the stay, the Car Parking for the woodland will be about 800m away from the woodland in a Working Farm Yard, please do not block Gates and Barn doorways.

If the ground is too wet then, most of the gear will have to walked in, I can arrange for help for people that cannot walk that far due to a health reason, I need to know this in advance.

Group Meal,
The Group meal will be provided by Simon, Thank you for the offer of that Simon, If you would like to take part in the Group Meal, can you add your name to the group meal list in this thread.

(The Group meals are supplied but the person making them, then the cost is divided between the participants, please remember Cash is required) Last couple have been a Curry by Kirkland, and a Spit Roast by Paul, thank you both.

In case of Unforseen events that may cause there to be no group meal, please allow in your catering for that emmergency meal.

Air Guns
From this meeting as a Bonus for the Regular Attendees to Monthly Meets will be able to use Air Guns (Non FAC - under 12flb only) for Target use only in a designated area, they will be subject to Chronograph before use by the Range Control Officer, (this will be Carl), and any decision on the use of Air Guns and Range that he makes will be final, and has the right to refuse the use of the gun or any person using a gun.

IF YOU ARE NOT A REGULAR ATTENDEE TO THE MONTHLY MEET PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF YOU CAN SHOOT... IT IS ONLY FOR THE REGULARS.

Please inform myself or Carl (mitch66) if you intend on bringing an Air Gun prior to arrival.

Any person not adhering to these conditions will be asked to stop the activity.

Other Info
We are still on probation at this site, so please keep to the simple rules and treat it with respect.

I will be taking the normal, Griddle, and tripod, Coleman Lamp, also a couple of Tarps, for a group shelter,

Wood can be gathered from around the site, Dead Wood only to be used.

Of course Micky being taken is compulsory....

I know people Like taking Photo's and sharing experiances, and some dont like the Photo's on the Internet, so Please bear this in mind when posting after the event,

Slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale, so a meet can be a great place to get some kit.. reason to bring a little bit of cash with you.

All Attendee's, attend and take part in any activities at their own risk....by attending you agree to this term.

First Aid
There are no First Aid facilities on site, so you will need to bring your own kit,

The nearest A & E is 20 minutes drive at;

West Suffolk Hospital
Hardwick Lane
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk IP33 2QZ,
Switchboard: 01284 713000

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meals and how many nights you’re staying,

List of Attending
1. Big Stu - 2 Nights
2. RemeaviThantos - 2 Nights Group meal please
3. mitch66 - 2 nights
4. sjstuart - 2 nights
5. Tagnut69 - 2 nights
6. Roman Soldier
7. Mike Smith - 2 Nights (provisional, depending on work commitments) - will self cater.
8. Jjessup - Meeting 9am Sat at Compasses
9. Bryan Stanbridge -1 Night maybe 2 - Via Woodlife/Essex Outbacks
10. KIMBOKO Nick Perry 2 nights (Meet 14:00 Compasses 14:00)

Other Dates
August 2nd and 3rd 2013 - Monthly Meet
August 24th to 28th – 4 Nighter Bank Holiday Meet - for more details see notice on thread
September 6th and 7th 2013.- Monthly Meet

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well Three more sleeps and its time for what looks like it will be another great weekend....

Just unwraped my new sleep system....... just got to see how I get on with ground dwelling for a change.... :yikes::yikes::yikes:

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
I give up, going to bail lads on the weekend. Just can't get everything done in time for my wedding if not.

Have a great time. When I'm back from honey moon my life will return to normal and I'll hopefully come each month.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
No, mate... it won't ever return to normal ;)

It would depend on whats normal,

I know that my relationships change my life somewhat...Marriage should not as its just a cerermony that takes place... some good changes, some bad, after getting hitched then surly if your been living as man and woman then that should carry on... just the name tag changes... and why should those Name tags.. Husband and Wife make a differance...

Its when your not living as a couple pre wedding (in the old fasion sense) and you then start a new life living togther things will change... But I can not see if your sharing each others life already and living together before the wedding day how things should change.... until the little patter of feet find their way into the frame...

So Good luck to you and your intended Dave....

The biggest change I saw was when the little ones came along.. then life does change......

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
I give up, going to bail lads on the weekend. Just can't get everything done in time for my wedding if not.

Have a great time. When I'm back from honey moon my life will return to normal and I'll hopefully come each month.

Good luck with everything Dave. Where's the honeymoon going to be if you don't mind me asking. Hope to see you out again soon.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE