Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grom

Dec 18, 2011
Ipswich
Brilliant, don the waterproofs and the jacket and walk out the front door to find my brother has taking my motorbike, Grrr. Sorry guys, no way of getting there now =/

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Please tell me that more than Big Stu turned up? I am sorry for missing tonight but hope some new friendships have been made.

I'll let those off that could not make it, Bit of a grey Beard Brigade meet tonight, lol.

Tony, Nick and myself met and had a chat, looks like we may be going for friday, but still looking toward the near future with a perm site, so keep your ears open.

If your hoping to make it on Friday night drop me a PM, looks like we may have a plan...........

So far its
Stu
Ben - if well
Tony
Nick

Last edited:

Grom

Dec 18, 2011
Ipswich
Got work this friday im afraid, and don't quite have all my gear yet (need to get a mat and a cooking set really) But shall keep an eye n the thread!

Grom

Dec 18, 2011
Ipswich
So long as the weather isn't completely terrible im considering going out sunday night for a wee bit of stealthy forest camping. Need to try out all this kit ive got! If anyones interested, Pm me if so!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
So long as the weather isn't completely terrible im considering going out sunday night for a wee bit of stealthy forest camping. Need to try out all this kit ive got! If anyones interested, Pm me if so!

I would love to come but think I better not as I got work on Monday.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi All

Stu and Nick thank you for an excellent evening, good company and a hearty laugh.

It was a cold evening and night but the old Pine tree stumps Stu found did the job burnt for hours and we had to move back several times because of the heat, there was a bit of rain and we shelters under a big tarp Stu had brought with him.

Regards
Rum

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi All

Stu and Nick thank you for an excellent evening, good company and a hearty laugh.

It was a cold evening and night but the old Pine tree stumps Stu found did the job burnt for hours and we had to move back several times because of the heat, there was a bit of rain and we shelters under a big tarp Stu had brought with him.
Regards
Rum

What more can I add, it was a great night, a good laugh with Tony and Nick, nice fire, saw a few deer, It did get a bit cold last night, ice on the top of my Tarp when I took it down.

Looking forward to going again.

Hopefully have a couple more join us as well,

Heres some pic's, not very good but hey they is pics.....

https://picasaweb.google.com/Bigstu12/27thJan2012

Thinking ahead, does anyone fancy another meet in Feb perhaps a couple of weeks time, possibly a sat night?

Last edited:

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Nice. Looks like you had a good time? Go same place you where planning?

Give me dates for next meet. Gonna take a look at this boggy forest, and see if we can get permanent permission for us to use. Will take pictures and let you all decide whether It's suitable for us.

Also, just became a member of GoOutdoors, expensive unless you've got discount card. (getting a £200 gortex coat for £80). So if you wanna use my card, just pm me.

Ben

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice. Looks like you had a good time? Go same place you where planning?

Give me dates for next meet. Gonna take a look at this boggy forest, and see if we can get permanent permission for us to use. Will take pictures and let you all decide whether It's suitable for us.

Also, just became a member of GoOutdoors, expensive unless you've got discount card. (getting a £200 gortex coat for £80). So if you wanna use my card, just pm me.

Ben

I been doing some research and have found this place emailed the owner to se if they would accept bushcraft, http://www.orchardcampsite.co.uk/ and got a faverable responce, and he says come along and have a chat and a look at the place, I have told him that we have small tents and tarps also would be always cooking over fire, looks like price wise we could do a deal as we would be looking at somthing regualry.

As Far next meet goes how about mid Feb. date and place to be decided, would perfer perhapas a Sat night tho.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I been doing some research and have found this place emailed the owner to se if they would accept bushcraft, http://www.orchardcampsite.co.uk/ and got a faverable responce, and he says come along and have a chat and a look at the place, I have told him that we have small tents and tarps also would be always cooking over fire, looks like price wise we could do a deal as we would be looking at somthing regualry.

As Far next meet goes how about mid Feb. date and place to be decided, would perfer perhapas a Sat night tho.

Nice one Stu, that site looks pretty good.

It will sometimes be a compromise I guess between a "formal" site like that and doing our own thing but it looks worth a visit.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice one Stu, that site looks pretty good.

It will sometimes be a compromise I guess between a "formal" site like that and doing our own thing but it looks worth a visit.

Well it seems to be the best of the two evils, do we stealth it and risk problems, use a "Camp Site" until we find a "Home", as long as we can do most of what we want then I can see any problems we may have to adjust somethings but better then, not doing at all.

I have also found a Possiblity at the Spinney in Boxford a Scout Campsite, but that would depend on scout usage and also Insurance that would be need for the group, think we could do it later but out of reach at the mo, untill a group is properly formed.

The long and short of it is that everyone will have to keep ears and eyes open for possible places, and take an active part in a group to make things happen, as they say "many hands make light work", and an active group will only be as successful as the amount of input for its members/users.

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Couldn't put it better myself.
We always have the possibility of my mates forest in Cambridge? But that's quite far for some, so will keep asking people closer for now.

We may not be able to do everything ee want on the site stu has found but main thing is, It's a place we won't get moved on from and we can have fires without people getting unhappy bout it.

Up for a Feb meet, work every other Sat though. Can book off if I get enough notice

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE