Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I live a bit further up the A12 from most of you bods; Benhall.

Due to work travel I can't often predict my availability but I'll be watching the thread with interest.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Great to hear so many people say yes to a meet, may I suggest Tuesday 24th as a starting point, just before the first trip out, and it gives some warning, lol.

Now some where easy for people to find, how about the Beagle Ipswich, 8pm, can be got to from town and just off the A12.

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thebeagleipswich/

THats unless a better date/place is suggested.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi Folks

I am ok with the 24th and the Beagle @ 8.00, we could look at ether St Giles Inn or Dove if people want some were central. I am happy to go with what ever the majority wants.

Regards
Rum

Grom

Dec 18, 2011
Ipswich
Would prefer somewhere central such as the dove personally as its a wee bit more central, but il try to make it regardless of location :)

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Morning lads.

Pub meet fine with me. Place and time. Mate might be coming with as well, both pub and meet.

As regards to getting permission, I've yet managed to get a hold of the land owners, so thinking of writing a letter, just explaining who we are, what our intentions are, duration of stay and leave contact number, asking them to get in contact with me.
Fingers crossed.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I'll leave it to the majority, were the meet is, just wanted to get the ball rolling, just thought of a place, that was easy to get to, with loads of parking, as some will be coming from outside of town, I am centre of town myself, also somewere quite were we can sit and chat, and if some one fancy's a bit to eat cause of time, its all there.

I ve just managed to get the afternoon off of Friday 27th, I hope the woods are not a no go, I am all exited, lol. Has anyone else got any suggestions of other sites that we may use as a fall back.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi All

I think the only issues is we are going to be a bit hard pressed to do stealth camping with a such large group, unless we have a large woodland to hied in so I would suggest somewhere like Tunstell, Thetford or the other-side of the Debian river past Woodbridge. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Regards
Rum

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I am gutted that I will not be able to come and play:(, as we are off loading the little one for a few days and going on a dirty weekend:)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi All

I think the only issues is we are going to be a bit hard pressed to do stealth camping with a such large group, unless we have a large woodland to hied in so I would suggest somewhere like Tunstell, Thetford or the other-side of the Debian river past Woodbridge. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Regards
Rum

Some sort of stealth camping may the the only way we can do it, if the site we are thinking about doing our first night out, something we can chat about when we meet, the only problem I could see is were do we hid the motors, lol, would rather be somewere we can have a fire and not worry about someone giving us a problem.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
That's the thing really. If there is 9 of us and we are trying to have a chat and meet up in the woods then go off and hide out I don't think it would work but that's my thinking only.
Shame to have us all there and no fire or big laughs going on. I have out laws family who own some woodland that I may be able to get us on. They are away at the moment but I've left them a message about it. They live near Palgrave.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi All

I have just been looking at old hall woods on Google map the old London road runs parallel, l dont know what people think but if we only use a few cars we can park the cars on the old London road it will be a bit of a hike, then walk in?

Regards
Rum

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I think we should wait to see if Ben can get us permission to use, it would be silly to muck that up by just doing what we want.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
I agree. Why jump in with both feet and get banned instead of holding off until we find out if we can stay without worry. I want to meet up and all but not unlawfully..... well not in a big group anyways.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi Folks

Sorry I though this was a stealth camp at another woodland not Ben's original site, as Ben could not get hold of his contacts to get the ok. As you say it would be made to screw up a chance of a site that give permission.

Regards
Rum

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE