Suffolk Bushcraft Group

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Boot polish will work.

I think unless you are a fully paid up member all pics have to be uploaded from an external site, wnen paid up you can upload directly frkm computer

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Hi everyone.

I would like to attend the next Suffolk meet but like I mentioned to Stu I have no transport. I would be willing to pay petrol cost if somebody could help me out.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi everyone.

I would like to attend the next Suffolk meet but like I mentioned to Stu I have no transport. I would be willing to pay petrol cost if somebody could help me out.

Hi atlatman, welcome to the suffolk thread, good to see you on here, join in and have a natter :)

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Hi guys. A bit about myself. Hobbies are fishing, shooting and bushcraft. I hadn't done anything bushcraft for nearly a year, due to family problems. Only started to get back into it a few weeks back. As you know I have recently made some atlatls and darts and I am now starting to get back into fire lighting techniques. Managed to do the hand drill a couple of times last week and now in the process of making a bamboo friction fire set. I'll let you know how I get on. Gaz.:)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Steve I cant come out and play this weekend as Vic is working but she does have a couple of days off during the week, and I think next Saturday is free

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Good of you to post on here, you should post some of the photos you have of the atlatls you have made for anyone who may have missed them.

Here you go for the people that missed them. I would have posted them sooner but I have only recently sussed out how to use photobucket. Not the best when it comes to computers. lol.

[URL=http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/firecraft3/media/DSCN0271_zps96e9d863.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s673/firecraft3/DSCN0271_zps96e9d863.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN0270_zps0788e996.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN0267_zps5e39541d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN0284_zpsc9fced18.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Here you go for the people that missed them. I would have posted them sooner but I have only recently sussed out how to use photobucket. Not the best when it comes to computers. lol.

[URL=http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/firecraft3/media/DSCN0271_zps96e9d863.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s673/firecraft3/DSCN0271_zps96e9d863.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN0270_zps0788e996.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN0267_zps5e39541d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN0284_zpsc9fced18.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like them bud, keep on meaning to make a set, it would make a good Skill Share as well.. :)

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Just got back from the boot sale. No kent pattern axes at all. Sorry Mark.

I did manage to pick up a large suede coat for £2. Nice large back panels for making pouches.

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Thanks Stu. I would be glad to show the group how to make some. The pine one was made in a day and flat one took three days. I also made a quick survival Atlatl the other day out of a piece of hazel which took about three hours. It looks rough as hell but it works.

Hey guys, you know I was asking about axes the other day?
Well I was too impatient to wait for a car boot sale/transport to one etc. so I perused the Ebayings. Well I found a couple of axes but 2 seemed particularly good. One was already a restored hultafors axe, but people bidded so much inc. postage, if I had paid a fiver more I could get a brand new hatchet and another £15 would get me a half decent mid-sized hultafors, like a hunting axe, a chopper or a camp axe.

Anyway I decided to just take the risk and bidded about £15 on another different "swedish axe" - literally all the description, a single crappy picture but I asked the guy to compare the profile to some other axes and it sounded...kinda promising.

Just opened it up and turns out to be an old Gransfors Bruks Hatchet. What a find!! (Had GBA logo stamp, though now barely visible after this guys ridiculously abrasive cleaning)
Now all I need is to sharpen it a bit better, hope to god this guy hasn't ruined the temper on this thing using a grinder and make myself a leather axe sheath.

Can anyone quote me on a reasonable price for a leather axe sheath? Might buy....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE