Suffolk Bushcraft Group

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Here is a vid of the bow being shot, a Bear Grizzly, 45lb from the mid 70's
[video=youtube;E2HFU7vBYt4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2HFU7vBYt4&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
And the result, had to do it 2 posts as I can only put 1 vid per post
[video=youtube;j60LNWL8HSo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j60LNWL8HSo&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Nice, sounded like you missed a few times but must have been my ears. Looks like you get on well with it.
Yeah the Hill bow was my shooter for 6 plus years and it was great like I said it was the length that was the only downside to it. Will bring it next time for Stu to fall in love with it also . It's 55lb at 28in, 5 layers of bamboo with clear fiberglass on top.
Thanks Ozzy.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Tops have turn up looks good, but need a wash to get the smell and iron marks out, very happy with them.

Attachments

• 20140409_104337.jpg
    20140409_104337.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 11

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
nice one, let me know how much I owe you, when could I come and collect it? today is out as the builders are in, tomorrow onwards is Ok

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Dont wave any new toys infront of me Steve please... I got some unexpected expense now..... dam Daytona needs a new fairing.... indicator..... and clutch housing.....

I got a painfull shoulder, and hips... but dont seem to be any more damage apart from my pride.............

Nice one Steve Hopefully catch up with you soon to give you the money :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Ouch Stu, you need to take your mind of that and shoot some arrows at the club. The tops are £17.98 total Ozzy and Stu.

Sounds like you need stabilisers fitted to that scooter of your Stu.

Glad your ok though

LOL... I did think about it, i'll be busy this weekend taking apart, and seeing what I need to repair it..... then its a search for the parts....

Looking at my Dairy next few week ends are a bit chocker.... :(....

OK Steve thank you for that, thats Grand hopefully Catch up soon .

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Sorry Ozzy just got back and saw this. Meant to be going for a bike ride later with kids and wife apart from that I am free and most of tomorrow also. Pm me your mobile number and I will do the same fella.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Guys… I just posted a leather restoration question in the DIY Craft forum, but am interested in your opinions. I know that a few of you do leatherwork. I posted this:

"I picked up a surplus leather ammo pack that's worn on a belt that was in very dry and awful condition. After a few days of applying neetsfoot oil, it's now supple and dark brown. My sense is that it's found its life again.

But now I'd like to waterproof and find a a shine, and faced with the following decision: Should I use shoe polish (which has wax and will buff out to a shine), Dubbin (which, in my experience is the magic stuff), or Renaissance Wax (which I've only used on metal, but know has application for everything.) I have all this stuff in the house, but can also wait for a delivery of pure fresh beeswax. I'm sure that all these are fine decisions, but a bit of insight from the leather folks would be helpful.

I'm leaning toward shoe polish because I can shine it up, and it should have decent weatherproofing properties.

Any opinions?"

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Neetsfoot will certainly revive the leather, and darken it. Carnuba oil is good too. If you just want to water proof and shine, then boot polish will do the trick and not harm the leather. Pics please.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I agree with colin as well :).. one thing you could do is warm gently the pouch just to melt the boot wax so it get soaked in , but be carefull not to over warm it :)

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Well I'm all packed and ready to drive down to Dorset tomorrow. I'm looking forward to this, seems like ages since I was in the woods. I hope I pick up some new tricks and skills that I can pass on to the Suffolk group. I'll take plenty of pics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE