Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hope it works out, travel can be a pain with any job , why don't you sale a load of gear buy a Yurt and move to the woods, just saying.......

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hope it works out, travel can be a pain with any job , why don't you sale a load of gear buy a Yurt and move to the woods, just saying.......

Thank you bud, Been wondering about doing something like that.. and may well have plans for something like that.. :)

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
I have a 4G connection with EE with a blackberry and im sure it managed a decent 3g connection. Can double check at the wkend although thats probably a bit late for you.

I'll only be getting a cheap phone which will be 2G only so shouldn't be a problem. I think that half the problem is that my iPhone kept switching between no signal, searching, 2G and 3G. I kept getting 2-3 bars of 3G signal, but my other half didn't get any of the texts I sent all weekend. I didn't get any of hers but I did get some of her whatsapp messages.
Strange things phones. Never had a problem when we all had Nokia 3210's

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Get another 3210, great phones, had one run over with a tractor once in 2003, my mate was still using it up until last year.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Get another 3210, great phones, had one run over with a tractor once in 2003, my mate was still using it up until last year.

I'm watching a couple of nokias on eBay. I want the one that's based on a 3210, but has the watertight rubber casing.
I remember when we only had to charge our phones once a week?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I'm watching a couple of nokias on eBay. I want the one that's based on a 3210, but has the watertight rubber casing.
I remember when we only had to charge our phones once a week?

some of the best phones made.... long battery life.. and believe it or not we could make phone calls with them... lol

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well the Trumpet has past the MOT, and is now tuning well, I am picking it up tomorrow, Please with it... 10 years old and past the MOT with no work required...lol... but it did need a new set of plugs and a change of break fluid...

Now just got to pick it up tomorrow night, tax it and away I go :)..

I must admit that ZZR1400 does look inviting.... :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Well the quiver is finished now, and I am happy with it now. I had half an hour spare this afternoon so turned up a handle for a rake out of a bit of osage orange.

And if i am lucky my new toy may be here for the weekend:)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well the quiver is finished now, and I am happy with it now. I had half an hour spare this afternoon so turned up a handle for a rake out of a bit of osage orange.

And if i am lucky my new toy may be here for the weekend:)

been busy them chris?

another new toy?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Yup been a busy couple of days, started turning a bowl this afternoon too but the drive belt broke so thats me buggered for a few days.
Had a phone interview this afternoon aswell but wont find out if I get second one untill monday, which means I cant go on holiday as I would have to be here for Tuesday flr the on site interview. So to cheer me up I bought a bow :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I will have to say no to staying Saturday, but that could change.

The bow is a bear grizzly, which is what i was going to get later on but at the price this was going it would have ben stupid not to get it. Then i will have to sort out some pointy sticks :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Got it off flea bay, a bit apprehensive as it is around the same age as me, but the seller has immaculate feedback kn archery stuff and the pics show it as in mint condition, only time will tell. If I am really lucky it will be from 1977 too. And at les than half the new price it may just be a bargain.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Just done my first kayaking session of the year, and snagged a chunk of cat tail. I'll bring it to the meet for fire lighting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE