Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
LOL, and we cant have toooo many Failures can we.... and lets be honest.. most failures are down to the person that was last working/using on the thing that failed.... :).

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Great Shoot today Chris and Steve, you missed a really good one...... 32 3'ds with a very well set out course :).

only lost one arrow, and two piles...so a good day.. low scoring tho... 384.. I just could not find the Kill Zone, and had a few second arrow wounds :(.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
great stuff Stu, was it a good turnout?
I have been tracking this afternoon with Charlie, and litter picking, who would have thought that a 1m walk could take 2hrs

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
great stuff Stu, was it a good turnout?
I have been tracking this afternoon with Charlie, and litter picking, who would have thought that a 1m walk could take 2hrs

Yeah 77 Archers.. nice turn out...

LOL.. good to hear you got him tracking .. was it for sausages... never seen a sausage track..lol

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Well my 6 year old son can shoot over 400 and more importantly I have at least two bows that Stu is thinking of buying, mitch66.
Thanks cromm, I didn't know if the score was good or required a little more work, ( said with respect by someone who could not hit a barn door at 20yards ) I'm sure if you bring you bow selection to the meeting sometime you would generate some interest and sales after stu has made his selection of course.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Cheers mitch66, In all truth 768 would be the straightforward max score you could get on 32 targets. I don't know too many guys or gals who would max out shooting wooden arrows and AFB. But its not about the scores its really is being out there and doing it, making the perfect shot then missing by a foot because you didn't see the small branch that defects the arrow.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just as a matter of interest the Gold was taken by some one who got 450ish, and the Sliver was about 440ish... for AFB... as it was an open being Club member's the scores are not entered in to the comp as such,

I was in a group of four, two AFB's and two Recurves, I came second in the group missed first by think it was 12 points, cocked the last target up with a blank.... Argghhhh.. the other AFB got about 320ish.

Its def different shooting for points then just standing and mucking about how we normally do, some silly mistakes and wrong choice of routes through the trees that did deflect the arrow but that's experience... also having the fixed pegs a well, you got no choice where to shoot from....lol

The course was shall we say a challenge... apart from that it just means more practice, lol

Last edited:

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Yeah I know what you mean Stu, it only takes one blank or a few second or third arrow shots to knock the scores down. I've miss out on golds by a hand full of points and think aahhg if only I had got that easy one just after lunch with my first arrow.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah I know what you mean Stu, it only takes one blank or a few second or third arrow shots to knock the scores down. I've miss out on golds by a hand full of points and think aahhg if only I had got that easy one just after lunch with my first arrow.

Your not joking there.. it was a great shoot loads of realy good targets, taht really streched the archer ability, I could not belive the worst for me was a skunk that I had placed at the bottom of a tree about 8 foot away.... and yes I missed.... 1st and 2nd... only got a wound on 3rd... so only got 4 points instead of 24 possible.....

Going to have to help set up the course one month stay over night ready for the the shoot sometime , as it would be good to have a play while the 3D's are up :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Protect them from the Spacemen..... :)

the next shoot is the 2nd March.. and our meet is the 7th/8th so a good one there.... :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

LOL I would just blame all the grease from the burgers for teh down turn in scores after lunch but allas the socring was not only bad after that

Think teh one taht really peeved me off was a Skunk that I had placed jokingly about 8 foot from the pegs and Richard said nice one we will leave it... missed with 2 arrows, and only got a 3 arrow wound........ so missed out on a 24 there.. I could of lent forward and just stuck it in with my hands...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE