Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Been a busy night, made myself another 6 Arrows for the weekend shoot.. :)

went to Perris and got the following

2 doz Fletching £11.00
1 doz Nocks £1.45
6 Brass Piles £3.75
3 Steel Field Piles £1.75
6 11/32 Shafts £11.50

So a 1/2 dozen arrows cost £24.22 thats about £4.00 each.... I am OK with that :). bearing in mind its less then 8 mins from work so it save me the postage....

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I will just be using some wax that I thinned down with White Spirit and just rub it on,

Thought i would use the coloured nock's for the 1,2,3... Red White, Blue.. I ve stuck with the Orange Cock, and Yellow Hen 4" sheild Fletches tho , lol, this six I will use just for shoots...

Also re piled the two of my 45 to 50, that have lost Piles.. so now got a full arrow tube, lol...

Yeah what Fletches/Nocks/Piles you going for

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have gone with red, white and blue 4" parabolic fletchings and orange nock. Think all the bits came in at £45.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I also held a Buck trail antilope felt quite good in the hand but did not shoot it :(, run out of time ahnd had to go back to work

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
How much are they selling it for as it is on my list of bows to look at? Have they got any more hunter recurves in there?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
They said they would sell it for about £120 to me, lol... but bet that's the price to all... its was a #45 as well :).. did not see any others there, but was really not looking just saw the thing out the corner of my eye..

It did feel nice in my mits.. but I bet the grip is too big for a Small Hand..

Just got back from setting teh course of 32 for tomorrows shoot... there are some really nice ones as well, shame you guys will not make it :(

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I went to fletch my arrows today, the bloody jig that should work with 4" feathers can only put them so they start at the shaft/nock union not leaving anywhere for my fingers. To say I am less than impressed is an understatement.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I went to fletch my arrows today, the bloody jig that should work with 4" feathers can only put them so they start at the shaft/nock union not leaving anywhere for my fingers. To say I am less than impressed is an understatement.

OH no thats not good.... which one is it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE