Suffolk Bushcraft Group

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It is sickening when you can get all the bits for around £35 delivered yet made up 12 will sting you £55 upwards, and they are not too taxing to make, the time consuming part is allowing the glue to cure. Different story when you get in to cresting and other fancy stuff

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
It is sickening when you can get all the bits for around £35 delivered yet made up 12 will sting you £55 upwards, and they are not too taxing to make, the time consuming part is allowing the glue to cure. Different story when you get in to cresting and other fancy stuff

Just unpacked my parts to start to make the Arrows.. guess what Perris have given my 5/16" Nocks... not 11/32"... :cussing::cussing::cussing:.....good job I got some spares... I asked for the right ones he even got the Shafts out the box....

Na your right there, nowt difficult to do, where did you get your bits from?.

When I find what I want, ie Yellow and Orange Shield fletchings, they always seem to be out of stock.. I do like my Piles but they are £7 for 12.. + P&P..

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Got my point and nocks off eBay, Richard heads longbow shop I think, worked out cheaper than off his website too. This morning I put the points on those Chinese arrows and shortened them, they are a lot faster now, hopefully I wont get any bouncers tomorrow.

I a couple of weeks I should be ordering some shafts and fletching's to make a proper set.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Spine wise the chart says 35-40#, they will be 28" as I draw 26.5", I may get a couple of different weights and have a play to see what works best for me and my bow before ordering a dozen. Do Perris stock many wooden shafts and how much are they

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I was looking at white wolf archery a few weeks ago after seeing a chap on youtube shooting their 4 limb monstrosity, some nice bows they make, just a shame the cost would go up by another couple of hundred to get it in your hand over here.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
They do, but you'll have to call to make sure what they have there they had quite a range of 5/16" but only a couple fo 11/32", they will get some from the other shop up, think they were just under £2 each, they seem to just pick a price and add it up on a bit of paper, lol.

I've got a #45 bow , but the #55 to #60's seem to be better the the #45 to #50's

I am just fletching the six I've just got :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah, I know what you mean about the costs, by the time you add on the duty ect.. also a lot of beer tokens for something your buying with out handling..

That's the six Fletched now..... so got loads for tomorrow :).. hope i find the one I lost last week :)

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just returned for the Woods after a nice day shooting, tried out Steve's new target, really great toy, it made you focus more, the arrows flew well, and the conversation flowed...

Miguel got loads of video and pics, Hope he puts some up for us to see :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE