Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu I cant make the 18th for the meal,

OK bud, I am going just put my Deposit in the Post box :)

after todays leather work my project list has got shorter, lol

3 axes to helve
1 Adze to refurb and handle
1 Small Crook Knife to handle
1 Clipper to de-handle extend the tang to full tang and then scale
1 file knife to finish.. last one took two years..lol.
1 copper project now......

Not a lot...lol

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
My list keeps growing, I now need a sheath for a small mora, side belt sheth for my sak farmer a quiver and to make a start on my Toddy shirt.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
If you put a top on it, it turns into my tuff quiver really. I've used the one in ozzy link, the arrows make to much noise and have a habit of falling out. I seemed to have to move it about alot. I still have it somewhere I will try and find it.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
If you put a top on it, it turns into my tuff quiver really. I've used the one in ozzy link, the arrows make to much noise and have a habit of falling out. I seemed to have to move it about alot. I still have it somewhere I will try and find it.

Thats was my feeling it reminded me a of a Back quiver but slung down, from the pic I did wonder if it got in the way I like your Tuff Quiver, and had a look on the tinternet http://safarituff.com/arrowmaster.html at the moment the cost of it is a bit :(, I do like the Idea of a leather one :), and with mod's think it could be a nice one...

I am up for a day up rendelsham on Sunday

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Cool, I wasn't sure if you used one or fitted them by hand, coz I've seen some very good results Done by hand. I find it very therapeutic building and repairing mine. I have been lucky so far and only lost a couple of arrows however this has been mainly down to having access to a good metal detector. Looking forward to seeing your bow's. Later carl

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
They dont take long to make, and look like you have made something if you know what I mean... not much work for the reward :)..

I think I have now lost two, shattered one, lost a few Nocks, and piles tho, lol, the undergrowth at the club is rough and some times quite think, and of course due to it being pine the needles just lay over everything,

Chris and I are up there on Sunday having a shoot about.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I got only got the one from the Guy on here, just got to sort a stand for it that I can clamp to the table.. its a pain laying it flat on the table :)..

Just been to Perris...

Dam are they expensive .. saying that I can get 1 off of each I need.. trouble is things are cheaper on the www... but then you pay postage...

I just brought 6 #55 to#60 11/32" shafts, 18 4" fletchings 6 Nocks that cost me £27.. for 6 arrows..with out piles...!!!

I could buy a set of 12 for £40 ish + P&P...

Think I got to find a cheaper way of buying stuff, lol.. saying that I do know what I am getting how they are made, and have the enjoyment of making and shooting something I made... :)

Looking forward to Tomorrow :)..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE