Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Try telling a fire arms officer that one of your hobbies is running around a woodland shooting people....... thats what happened when he come round the house for my renewal.. and we started chatting about PAintball...lol

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Hi, Simon did you get a petrol stove? Only asking coz you seamed quite taken by mine and i only copyed that doggy BMW GS1200 rider nick :rolleyes: lol.

Haven't yet... been quite busy lately and haven't bought any new toys since the last meet. Have sourced all the bits I need for my home-made oil drum "multi-fuel" water boiler though :)

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Carl, did you get yours off ebay?
Yes, I had seen secondhand ones go for about £150 and found someone that had 10+ new unused for £80 each ? Thought it was to good to be true so we orders 2 and he done us a deal £160 posted. Could not believe in when they turned up that was the first surprise, the second surprise was they were new still in the manufacture's bag's only thing missing was the order / batch no off the plastic transportation bags they came in. I've asked Barry if he can find the supplier again. We did order two more but they cost us £180 + post £200 all in I think.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Opps sorry what a plonker, I was talking about modular sleeping bags lol, stoves yes I got mine from eBay £50 +£7 postage. its a clone of the optimus r 8 my clone was made in 1988 condition as new, only a little bit tarnished from long term storage. Think one came from Poland and the second one Ukrain.

Last edited:

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Yes, sorry about that:eek: guess who been been airing his sleeping bags and reinflating his ground mats today. sleeping out tonight would deafenly test our kit out, i think a low pitched tarp would be the way to go or a small tent not that I'd like to set a tent up in this wind.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Yes, sorry about that:eek: guess who been been airing his sleeping bags and reinflating his ground mats today. sleeping out tonight would deafenly test our kit out, i think a low pitched tarp would be the way to go or a small tent not that I'd like to set a tent up in this wind.

Had planned to spend tonight out on my woodland... but with the way it's blowing out there I just don't think it's worth my life!

Lot more trees down out here on the coast, branches falling all the time! Sounds like a freight train of endless length is plowing by every single window, and all the heat in the livingroom is being sucked up and out the chimney.

Don't think I want to be faffing with tarps and guy lines in this.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Toby just dropped off the oil drums for my boiler build. So awesome, thanks mate! :)

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night (saying it now because I'm busy for the rest of today)!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE