Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Axe refurb.. if its rusty, please don'e use sandpaper are acid to clean it off.. just use molassas.. it will eat the rust but not good metal.. ok can take 2 weeks to clean..... but I think gives a better job...

How much have you used an axe.. ???? and I mean safely... please take some sort of instruction from people that have and know how to...loads of nasty accidents can happen with them, I only say that as your asking for sharping advice, so I take it experience with sharps are not that deep.. I assume..

As far as sharpening goes, it can be done in a number of ways, if its that damaged the a file to start, the move to rough abrasive, the finer, then on to stropping..for that really sharp edge, saying that you only need that if your using it for a carver, if just for splitting then don't worry too much about stropping :)..

Again its easier to show and learn by being shown. its something that I normally do as a skill share at a meet :)... think the guys one here will agree there's a load to be learnt about axes/sharps, but its easy... then again its easy to go wrong badly...

Thanks for the advice, yeah I have modest experience with an axe, enough to be careful with it, and I know basic safety. So injury shouldn't be too troublesome, but as for skills, those I need to learn and develop.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thanks for the advice, yeah I have modest experience with an axe, enough to be careful with it, and I know basic safety. So injury shouldn't be too troublesome, but as for skills, those I need to learn and develop.

:) thats good to hear.. well read :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE