Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I cant do this weekend, and the next week end is busy as well, would like to try for the weekend after

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Ok sounds good to me, looks like next friday it is.....

Picked up my newish Bergan today, looks like its only been used a couple of times now got to decide how I pack it.......

I am slso booking myself in for the July meet with sussex.... Site N1 27th July 2012 until 29th July 2012. they want to get the leater working workshop going this time , hopefully i'll have the new knife made by then , lol

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Me thinks another nigth soon is required, I cant do this weekend coming :-(.

Is anyone thinking abuot going to Sussex Meet in July ?, I may be taking Claire and her little one, so will be ground dewlling, or may be taking my bo, its not decided yet!!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Hi boys,
I can't do Sussex as I'm in Cornwall that week.
I was chatting to a guy in the local army surplus shop about us not having anywhere to go locally, he told me of a large wood and fields with trees and wild grass in Colchester. I had a good afternoon up there and it's pretty good, may have to be a bit stealthy as some others camp there sometimes, ex army types.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi m8

I hope you are ok, I do remember my brother in law telling me about a place round there he was RSM with the Suffolk s and did some camping round there.
if i remember right you are not fare from a water souse ether.
When do you want to give it a try?

Reg
Rum

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi boys,
I can't do Sussex as I'm in Cornwall that week.
I was chatting to a guy in the local army surplus shop about us not having anywhere to go locally, he told me of a large wood and fields with trees and wild grass in Colchester. I had a good afternoon up there and it's pretty good, may have to be a bit stealthy as some others camp there sometimes, ex army types.

sounds good to me lets give it a go sometime soon......

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hi all,
Haven't written much on here of late but have been reading. Been playing robin hood most weekends, Haven't heard anything back lately from the farmers son will see if he is still happy for us to camp out in his woodland.

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
hi folks
im in norfolk but originally from suffolk and have a nosey to see what you are up to occasionally.
i think i read a while ago about you guys thinking about tunstall or rendlesham, did you get anywhere with permission on using either site?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
hi folks
im in norfolk but originally from suffolk and have a nosey to see what you are up to occasionally.
i think i read a while ago about you guys thinking about tunstall or rendlesham, did you get anywhere with permission on using either site?

Na no permisions found yet in the area, we are still looking for prem home no doubt we will find one.... found an other campsite that may well be of interst tho, but waiting to hear back from that.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi all,
Haven't written much on here of late but have been reading. Been playing robin hood most weekends, Haven't heard anything back lately from the farmers son will see if he is still happy for us to camp out in his woodland.

thats no problem Cromm, be good to see you out some time soon, keep in touch

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Spoke to a farmer today who I rent a unit from, he has 500 acres of woodland in Colchester and is agreeable to a small bushcraft club. Just got to sort the details out as there are shoots that use the woods too.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Spoke to a farmer today who I rent a unit from, he has 500 acres of woodland in Colchester and is agreeable to a small bushcraft club. Just got to sort the details out as there are shoots that use the woods too.

Thats bril news, wewill have to get a met together, soon..... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE