Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice one Chris :).....

I picked up the exhaust last night... hoping to fit it tonight.. :).. so she'll be quite now ...lol

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi, How are you finding your new hammock simon? i know you have made a small adjustment to the ridge line lenght, but have you had the chance to do an overnighter and if so, how did you find it? ( i know with a torch ) just finished packing part of my kit, ready for the weekend :) later lads

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Hi, How are you finding your new hammock simon? i know you have made a small adjustment to the ridge line lenght, but have you had the chance to do an overnighter and if so, how did you find it? ( i know with a torch ) just finished packing part of my kit, ready for the weekend :) later lads

Hi Carl,
Did an overnighter on Saturday with Toby (iambosscat) on my woodland using the new Warbonnet BB (that's when we made a new adjustable ridge for it). Is a supremely comfortable and spacious hammock. Packs down way smaller than the DD Frontline, weighs much less, and doesn't have any of DD's crappy stretch webbing on it either.
Could not be more pleased with it!

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi,simon. thats good news, did you use your under blanket and hang your wool blanket inside?( your trade mark ) only i would like to have a look over the weekend at your Warbonnet BB as it sounds a nice piece of kit. still love my mosquito hammock, one of the only pieces of kit id replace if i lost or damaged it. later mate

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Hi,simon. thats good news, did you use your under blanket and hang your wool blanket inside?( your trade mark ) only i would like to have a look over the weekend at your Warbonnet BB as it sounds a nice piece of kit. still love my mosquito hammock, one of the only pieces of kit id replace if i lost or damaged it. later mate

Yeah... I had to run a line from the underquilt to accommodate the diagonal lay (it kept flicking over to one side otherwise) but that's easy enough.
Had my wool blanket suspending from the structural ridgeline under the "solid top"... and since the ridgeline on this hammock runs the full length, that makes it MUCH easier to do (on my DD it runs from 25% along to 75% along, so I have to stretch it up around my head and trap it underneath my head) :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have been thinking.....

Most of us have a Snugpac Response Pack or something similar..... I was wondering why do we carry it and its contents...

then this lead me onto thinking how about a Challenge....

you Guessed... an over nighter with just the stuff you carry in your Response Pack... of course a Summer one.. that's using/taking NOWT ELSE apart from what you pack in it...

What you think... :)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I have been thinking.....

Most of us have a Snugpac Response Pack or something similar..... I was wondering why do we carry it and its contents...

then this lead me onto thinking how about a Challenge....

you Guessed... an over nighter with just the stuf you carry in your Responce Pack... of course a Summer one.. thats suing NOWT ELSE apart from what you pack in it...

What you think... :)

I assume for me that'd mean my waist kit? I'd be willing to do a night in the woods with nothing but the kit I carry in there (plus food and something to cook in, though)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I mean A Response Pack or one of the same size, and that would include carrying your food/cooking stuff..in it.

I was just going through mine the other day, wondering about whats in it, and why we have it.. and if it would be any real use if thats all we had..

Now thats real light weight

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I mean A Response Pack or one of the same size, and that would include carrying your food/cooking stuff..in it.

I was just going through mine the other day, wondering about whats in it

Oh so you mean loading out a pack of that size with the stuff you want/need to take?

I thought you meant using only the things you usually put in that pack.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Oh so you mean loading out a pack of that size with the stuff you want/need to take?

I thought you meant using only the things you usually put in that pack.

My impression of having a Response Pack was it was full of all the stuff you would use in Response to an Emergency as such or as a small Bung Out Bag.. be it over a very short period of time,

Mine Started off as that... over time has evolved to a dump bag with a few use full/less things in.. while looking at it I began to think about getting back to its intended use...

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
My impression of having a Response Pack was it was full of all the stuff you would use in Response to an Emergency as such or as a small Bung Out Bag.. be it over a very short period of time,

Mine Started off as that... over time has evolved to a dump bag with a few use full/less things in.. while looking at it I began to think about getting back to its intended use...

Ill be up for that as a summer challenge Stu, been meaning to get over to one of your meets for a long time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE