Suffolk Bushcraft Group

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
My impression of having a Response Pack was it was full of all the stuff you would use in Response to an Emergency as such or as a small Bung Out Bag.. be it over a very short period of time,

Mine Started off as that... over time has evolved to a dump bag with a few use full/less things in.. while looking at it I began to think about getting back to its intended use...

That's what I use my waist kit for. It basically has the bare minimum gear I need to live (and my phone). If I were to pack a different pack for the same purpose, it'd have the exact same items in it. Reason I stick with the waist kit is to keep it small. If I use a bigger pack, I'll fill it (as I reckon everyone would... it just happens)

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
Like the idea of that - getting back to a stripped back set up.

I agree with Stu, a lot of people (me included) start of a 'response pack' with the idea of it being a sort of oversized version of the Lofty survival tin. As you go on you add more fluff... Maybe they are more of a "Bushcraft Wallet"?

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Ill be up for that as a summer challenge Stu, been meaning to get over to one of your meets for a long time.

You would be welcome any time Bud.. we welcome people around our fire :)

Like the idea of that - getting back to a stripped back set up.

I agree with Stu, a lot of people (me included) start of a 'response pack' with the idea of it being a sort of oversized version of the Lofty survival tin. As you go on you add more fluff... Maybe they are more of a "Bushcraft Wallet"?

Yeah I just cant belive how much rubbish I have acummalated in mind and sort of think what the point , its just an other bag now.. it started with good intentions.. :)

So that would include all food, water, shelter etc. all in a response pack. Sadistic but doable

Yep.. apart from water .. OK realisticly you would have to find a water source, but I think a cuple of 1 ltr water bottles would be allowed :),

As I was tipping teh stuff out , i was sort of thinking about Mr Fenners thread with his survial tin... and that Started me thinking...

Now I ve slept on it.. I think the Responce pack( think they are about 3 ltrs.. so no more the 3ltrs if an other pack is used)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
When you thinking of doing it?

SUMMER.... lol..

I just been out side to off load dam near 20 tonnes of Ali ingot and its chilli... lol

bearing in mind that thats all you will have unless you can fit the sleeping back and roll mat in it, it can only be done in the warmer weather :)

I ve still got to sort out how the RAT is going to work, I may go for a walk in the Christams break and find some routes and place for it... then I'll post that one :).

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
PLEASE NOTE THE DECEMBER MEET IS A CLOSED ONE FOR THE PRE-BOOKED ATTENDERS,

Please respect this as there is no late booking/last minute arrivals to the December Meet.

The next montly meet will be the January one

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114969

This looks like January will be a good meet,

I will be posting the Febuary meet over the next few weeks as well as SUFRAT... (RAT PACK Meet Event)

Last edited:

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
House phone and Internet are down at the moment at home,, but I think I am free for next sunday to do some archery. Give me a txt stu on times and I hope you all had a great time this weekend. Cheers.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
NO Problem Steve..

Just got back from the December Meet Pics are up on the December meet thread :)

Will catch up by text ,

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have now posted Thread for the February Monthly Meet,

The Green Room is booked at the Compasses, for a Night Out on the Saturday of the Meet, :)

I have also included a Copy of the Menu.. :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
just had a bad day at work... after speaking to Colin at the weekend I went to see when the Holiday forms are out ready to book Holiday next year for the Bushmoot... and was given next years form, I looked at the company planer on the Intranet.. to make sure it was free....

So I looked and there were dates booked....all Managers/Directors.. now my manager has Booked the 11th to the 15th August... smack bang middle of Bushmoot.... so looks like that's a no go for me :(....

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
You have to avoid holiday at the same time as your boss!? Whoa, that's pretty harsh. Do you get paid his grad while he's away (none of my team leaders do and I don't stop them going off at the same time as me).

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yep... not allowed to take time off if his off, saying that it works the other way round as well,

The last 20 odd years of working there he has always had the first week of August off, last year I beat him to it and his wife was not happy, and he was in the dog house..... so spouse he got his own back...

I am still miffed tho...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE