Suffolk Bushcraft Group Aprill Meeting 4th to Sunday 6th April 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Pork and spuds well seasoned............. do well:cool:

Congrats on the job Stu

wish I could make it on Friday, but will be working, look forward to seeing you sat morning......

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu: I suppose it's ok to tell you who it is. He just hasn't formally replied to everyone and I didn't want to speak for him. We spoke a couple of days ago and checked our calendars. His BCUK name is Bowlin. We both live in Luton and will be driving up together (I don't drive since moving to England.) The plan is to meet at that pub around midday, under the assumption that one of you will be there.

As for toys: this is a big toy weekend for me. New tarp, sleeping bag and knife. I'm trying to decide which of a dozen stoves to bring (I'm one of those brass stove guys), and whether there will be paraffin lanterns lugged in. I've got a few big Vapaluxes that want to get out.

I saw the Facebook photos that showed you all making the clay oven, so I'm assuming we are going to that site, and there will likely be a cooking grill over the fire and a few tree stumps lying around.

I just wondered what his name was :) thank you, I am aiming to be at the Pub for about 12:30 ish but at the mo cant guarantee it until get my foot in the door of the new job,

Always a good place to play with toys and I think the woods we have lends it self to it, brass stove's nice things to see and use, but not used any for a few years..your welcome to bring lamps if you need to play with them, always good to see kit in use.

Yeah the clay oven is in the communal area of the woods, we use the same woods every month, but have access to the rest of the farm :), we do have some log's kicking about and did have some seats we made but they have seen some better times now, lol

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
On the leaving of things in the shed that are personal items we can only store so much, I dont mind the odd thing between two meets but as a general rule the shed is for the storage of Group items, I dont want to end up having stuff living in it filling it up.

If Gear is left in the shed, and it gets damaged/lost/stolen then its at the owners risk.. and the Group can not be held responceable.

I dont want to stop people bring heavy/lots of gear to show/use at a Meet, so some sence will prevale.

Last edited:

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Evening all, what's the situation with the shelter for this meet. Are we going for it? can I just confirm Im just brining M8 Nuts and penny washers and bitchumen? have we got enough stud or shall bring more? Just want to make sure Im organised and don't forget anything, but also I wont worry about bringing the stuff if were not doing it till another month.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It would be nice to get it up, but I cant see us getting that far I reckon that we will be able to get everything prepared though.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
As we spoke at the meet, and who was about at this one and the next one, myself I think it will take a lot of man power, to get it done in one weekend, I know that some of the regulars cant make this month or the May one as they want to do the Boone Challenge, my suggestion is now that it is getting warmer as such this is the plan of action..

this meet make sure we have all the timber needed, the At the may one we get things prepared ready to do the build at the June one this will give us more day light into the evening :)..

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I dont know , I saw it in a couple of places on the www. it was posted on here once. and I kept a copy for future referance

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE