Suffolk Bushcraft Group Aprill Meeting 4th to Sunday 6th April 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Afraid I'm going to have to miss this one, already know that I will be working in Leeds that weekend. :(

Hope you have a good one, (I know that you will).

I dont know what happened here missed this one as well,

OK mike no problem, look forward to seeing you at the one after :)

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Sorry Russell I missed this bit of the post doing a group meal like that would be a good idea :), if you fancy taking that on board that's all good with me, :)

Sure. I'm happy to get the bits. I have a good butchers. I'll see if they can get me a venison hind quarter. If that's too much or it's not available then a good sized lambs leg should do the trick.
That would go with a bannock, honey, cheese melt, jackets potatoes etc...

If I bring a bag if coals can we dig a pit oven?
I would trust it more than spit cooking.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Sure. I'm happy to get the bits. I have a good butchers. I'll see if they can get me a venison hind quarter. If that's too much or it's not available then a good sized lambs leg should do the trick.
That would go with a bannock, honey, cheese melt, jackets potatoes etc...

If I bring a bag if coals can we dig a pit oven?
I would trust it more than spit cooking.

That's grand , thank you, let me know what you are doing and i'll post in the opening post for the thread :)

Just one thought we had had venison for two months running now so something different will be good,

Yeah a pit oven will be good another skill to show and pass on, a nice follow up from last months Stove theme and also a type of fire lay really, just remember to keep the meal costs down, as one meet we had a group meal of over £8 and that was too steep.. some would say it was worth it.. the idea is to get a communal feeling at one of the meal times :), and include every one we can :)

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
What is Sean's user name? I'll pm him and discuss options.

When we have a full list of attendees I'll ask people what they want to spend. I'll buy the meat according to what people would like to spend.
Lamb, beef or pork.
Pork might be the cheapest. But if people prefer beef or lamb just chip in.

Char coal is quite expensive. Do you think we can cook using normal fire wood that's been burning for a couple of hours?

Just to be clear. I'm more than happy to arrange the food but I'd feel bad if I was stepping on anyone's toes.

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
For those in the group that were talking about Innertubes and where to get them...

I have just got two innertubes taht have been give to me, I will bring them to the meet in April :)

jameshardy

Dec 9, 2007
canterbury
List of attending
1. Big Stu
2. Hedgecrafter
3. Chris (Friday night only)
4. Iambosscat (arriving Saturday morning)
5. James (hoping to arrive 7pm Friday evening if I can get away from work for 4pm -still cycling in.)

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Who likes lamb?

I've just spoken to my butcher and I can get a fairly hefty 2kg leg of lamb for £20.

If it turns out that there is only 4 of us then obviously that's a bit overkill.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Who likes lamb?

I've just spoken to my butcher and I can get a fairly hefty 2kg leg of lamb for £20.

If it turns out that there is only 4 of us then obviously that's a bit overkill.

Start of Group meal List Copy/paste and name and Post please.. this will give Russell an Idea of how much we need...

1. Big Stu

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Start of Group meal List Copy/paste and name and Post please.. this will give Russell an Idea of how much we need...
1. Big Stu
2. Chris

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
1. Big Stu
2. Chris
3. Hedgecrafter

If there ends up being too fewer people for a lamb leg, our butchers pork chops are amazing. And a pretty decent size.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE