Suffolk Bushcraft Group Aprill Meeting 4th to Sunday 6th April 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
With a week to go until packing has to have been done ready for this meet, whos been out collecting Tinder and getting their fire kits ready :)?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have a ball of jute, and a ball of sisal, a poly bag full of cedar shavings that have a little varnish on them. I will have to go in the garden and strip off what I can of the honey suckle and clematis.

I guess it would also help if I could find my steel striker too

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
With a week to go until packing has to have been done ready for this meet, whos been out collecting Tinder and getting their fire kits ready :)?

I keep using all my tinder practising. I'll be filling up again next time I walk the dogs.
I was walking the other day looking for fat wood but all the pine stumps I found were rotten right through.

Planning on popping over to rendlesham tomorrow to practise setting up my tarp and hammock. Will look for some then.

Stu - I was going to get the 4x4 tarp like we spoke about but couldn't afford the £40odd for a new one. I managed to get a nearly new 3x3 in a trade so that will have to do me for the summer.
I've made a few adjustments to my hammock. I already had tree straps in the hammock windbreaker so I'll be using them. I got a couple of big carabiners and made a 4 braid paracord loop for the hammock. It looks like it should be quite effective.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Like this.

33198104-9961-4451-8E71-F994D9E4D8FD_zpsaivf2ud5.jpg

The hammock is 7foot and the tree straps 10foot. And only a hitch to tighten, so that should be plenty.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
yeah a 3x3 will be fine, hopefully we will have good weather, I have got a bundle of fat wood from last timeI was at rendelsham, its always in the disco :),

I 've nearly refilled my tinder pouch, got some bull rush, some clematis bark, should be a good one :), any one got a parrabolic mirror.. :)

SeanI

Forager
Sep 18, 2013
Suffolk
List of Attending
1. Big Stu - Arriving Friday - 6pm
2. Hedgecrafter - Arriving AM Sat
3. Chris - Friday night only - Arive some time Friday PM
4. Iambosscat - arriving Saturday morning
5. James (hoping to arrive 7pm Friday evening if I can get away from work for 4pm -still cycling in.)
6. MarkinLondon (should meet at the pub on Friday.)
7. MarkinLondon + 1 (should meet at the pub on Friday.)
8. SeanI Arrive some time Friday PM

Can you also put me down for the group meal.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Group meal

1. Big Stu
2. Chris
3. Hedgecrafter
4. Iambosscat
5. MarkinLondon
6. Guy coming with MarkinLondon
7. James
8 Sean

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Yeah they have.. but so far neither are comming :(....
last two times I said I was coming, work commitment's stopped me so I refuse to comment this time, but I'm following the thread daily. 10 hour shifts at mo and call out phone 24-7 what joy. But my kits all packed from last time when I turned back 10 miles from the pub. Keep up the good work lads. Atb carl

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
I may have some difficulty arriving on Friday... the guy I;m coming with cant drive until Saturday, but I'd rather not miss Friday night and the fire session. i don't suppose that someone is coming in from Cambridge. I could get there by train on Friday. The other guy will arrive on Saturday and get me back to Luton on Sunday, but a lift on Friday (I'd chip in for petrol) would really help out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE