Suffolk Bushcraft group, any takers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I can get a bag and a basha quite easly, just got to buy them, apart from that must have a bit of kit from the old days lying about, so should be ok.... hopefuly

Grom

Dec 18, 2011
Ipswich
Would be interested in a meet and overnight sometime soonish, not much gear myself either but sure I could mash something together! All depends on when for me as work fri and sat nights which is a pain.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
What date you thinking of Ben, be good to get some dates down so we know were we are going. been lookimg at kit I am thinking about a ex army artic sleeping bag, and a 3.5 x 5 tarp. the rest can follow. I'll order these when the date is set, cause i know what will hapen I'll be wanting to play with them as soon as they arrive, lol

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Hmmm, seems to be getting quite popular now. Which is excellent.

Bigstu: ex army sleeping bag? Would that be the British issue? What I've got, can highly recommend it. Bit heavy but that's down to the outer water proof layer.

As for dates, well I'm going on a test run hopefully on Friday 27th. Anyone welcome to come.
I'm always good to go on on a Friday night and every other Saturday. If got enough nofice, can book time of work, so could do any date really.
How bout you?

Guess it depends on how badly everyone itching to get out. Know I am... A LOT!!

Maybe if everyone could say what days they are available, we could get a general idea when to plan it for?

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Think that's 9 people interested now?

Wow looks like the group may start :)

V
Hmmm, seems to be getting quite popular now. Which is excellent.

Bigstu: ex army sleeping bag? Would that be the British issue? What I've got, can highly recommend it. Bit heavy but that's down to the outer water proof layer.

As for dates, well I'm going on a test run hopefully on Friday 27th. Anyone welcome to come.
I'm always good to go on on a Friday night and every other Saturday. If got enough nofice, can book time of work, so could do any date really.
How bout you?

Guess it depends on how badly everyone itching to get out. Know I am... A LOT!!

Maybe if everyone could say what days they are available, we could get a general idea when to plan it for?

Friday the 27th looks good to me, the only thing I would have to come from work as I got to work that day, I got to check the dairy and see if I am not seeing the kids, yeah I ordered the Arctic British Army one from ebay at lunchtime, :).

Just been on the tinternet, and yes more items brought, a Mora clipper, and a tarp, a fire steel, some paracord......

Last edited:

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Good bit of kit. Love the sleeves on it.
I'll be using that, dd tarp and hammock.

Is anyone else available for Friday 27th?

And anyone any good at foraging? Something I'm keen to learn.

Forgot to add:
If you can't find basha/tarp, can borrow my spare one.
And what time will you be finishing work mate?

Last edited:

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hi,
I may be able to make it on the 27th. Just have to make sure, Ben where abouts is the wood? If you don't want people to know PM me the info if you can.
I can now use all the Amazon vouchers I got for Xmas on gear hopefully.
Thanks for your time

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Forgot to add:
If you can't find basha/tarp, can borrow my spare one.
And what time will you be finishing work mate?

Thank you for that, I finish about 5 pm, may be able to swing a half day, but I will not know until nearer the time.

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Woods is on outskirts of bedstead village.
I've got a few pictures I'll up load later when I'm not on phone and give you exact location using Google Maps.

Bigstu, that's fine. I'll be working til bout that time too. Hopefully we can get setup before dark.

So, that's 3 maybes so far, can we interest any others?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Sound like a nice group coming together, are you still thinking about getting there after work or earlier. is the site accessible by car?.

How are we thinking about cooking/fires ect.

Ben you have already spoken about foraging ect, is there water there or will we need to bring to site?

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi Guys, I live in Cambridgshire but not a million miles away, looks like your getting a great little set up going here!! Is it ok if a lad outside Suffolk gate crashes?

Im a complete noob to bushcraft, never been to a meet or anythng like that before but I love camping and being outdoors and love to learn new skills

All the best
Steve

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE