Stupidly Simple Midge Repellant

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I'll try that. The "west coast" midgie is a breed apart. I've always used this stuff, heavily applied before venturing out. Fragrant.

prod_1186972_1_613x613.jpg

But - how does it work?

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Aha, Citronella oil.

The claim that SAS and other units use it in the jungle I do not believe though.
They can not put anything on that smells.

Well I've been using it longer than them, and as long as you apply it before exposing yourself to the insects, it works for me, which in my situation is all that matters. As someone else mentioned Smidge is very good. Friends of mine who were working in "savage" midge environments in Wester Ross, swear by it.

Apr 27, 2019
USA ( Blue Ridge Mt's )
I don't know if it has ever been scientifically tested, but I have found that my eating a clove of garlic every morning tends to keep insects away for the most part. Self tested so don't know if it would work for everyone. I'm not familiar with the term Midge

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I heard that before. It seems to work.

But I can't try it out, because unfortunately they stopped biting me, if there is somebody else offered.

;0)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE