Stopham Paddle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
4.30am dropped my son off to catch a coach to Silverstone...some little car race he was keen to watch...and made straight for the river. Put in at 5.00am and headed up stream sedately, noislessly, a part of the river...

Pre-dawn light, cool air and silent running...
DSCN5721.jpg

From the left a shot of electric blue straked the flat grey light, and left me wondering why I'd brought my camera...Kingfisher illusion, slight of wing, occult acrobat...
DSCN5725.jpg

Paddling on, spotted a break in the reeds, and pulled too...sat a while and listened to the chattering Reed Warblers while the sun burst through and woke the day...
DSCN5731.jpg

Reed Warbler in there somewhere...
DSCN5754.jpg

DSCN5752.jpg

Rounded a gentle bend and caught the magic that is nature's presentation...
DSCN5734.jpg

Early light threw colour into shade and contrast into HD...
DSCN5736.jpg

Swans, canot blanc, like ghostly voyageurs sailed toward me...
DSCN5735.jpg

DSCN5757.jpg

Wide stretches...
DSCN5739.jpg

Magical drifts...
DSCN5744.jpg

Found a place to pull over...and contemplate...
DSCN5750.jpg

On the way buzzards, Yaffles, Heron, all came on me suddenly...The Heron was tucked in the reed bed, and neither of us new of the others presence, until we were within striking distance, leaving no time to get a picture.

After a relaxing few hours, the early 15thC bridge of Stopham came into view...aned the end to a perfect begining of a Sunday...
DSCN5759.jpg

DSCN5762.jpg

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Absolutely lovely Stovie , i have been desperate to get out in my boat for a while and this might just be the inspiration i need ,thanks .

Springheeljack1

Forager
May 12, 2011
Sheffield
Great pictures, I just went down the Wye last week - left the camera on the bedside table, sigh!
Red Kites, Oystercatchers, Buzzards, hundreds of Sand Martins, an unknown Duck-thing, and a number of other critters all showing off within inches at some points, stupid no camera me.:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE