Stone Art

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

TeeDee

Full Member
Nov 6, 2008
13,548
6,952
52
Exeter
Thanks Guys , I will check those people out.

Can you imagine the same thing done with Leaves or Fir cones in a forest? Just randomly wandering through a bit of woodland then - boom!! ART in your face !!
 
That's usually called mandalas, TeeDee. I think they do it with the kids at the Moot.

Beautiful to see though.....off to have a play with the gravel path :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: TeeDee
Some years ago there was a somewhat large larch art work in Germany, it could be seen especially in the autumn.
 
That's usually called mandalas, TeeDee. I think they do it with the kids at the Moot.

Beautiful to see though.....off to have a play with the gravel path :)

BushMoot-Madela.jpg


This was one that I nearly stepped on back in 2014 because I wasn't watching where I was going.
scary.gif
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toddy
They're very striking pieces. That first one almost hypnotises me! Some great colours on those rocks too.

One of the few artists I could name is Andy Goldsworthy. He does similar pieces in different mediums if you want to look at some other work.
I very much agree. Andy Goldsworthy really does strike a chord with those who love the outdoors. I would also suggest a look at Richard Long whose land art is also firmly based in the natural world. Although both primarily work in three dimensions, they are heirs to the landscape tradition of JMW Turner. I often think as I look at the monthly BushcraftUK photo competition that Turner would look with approval at the many entrants who share his vision.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE