Giants in the woods.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Those really are superb, what an excellent thing to be doing; imagine stumbling upon one of them! And then imagine doing so at six or eight years old, eh?

I wonder, though, how long they would last in parts of the UK?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Many of those pallets are made from teak. Not very good teak, but it is teak.
Won't stop it rotting in our 'temperate' climate, but, I still think those are really cool :)

M

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Yeah, I think they're one of the coolest things I've seen for a while; the comment on how long they'd last here was prompted by memories of a few years back when my brother and I decided to get in ten acres of hay by hand, stook it and then build stacks as we used to; we did all of those things and twenty four hours after we'd finished somebody came onto the ground middle of the night and fired the lot.

Sadly, it's been my experience that anything adventurous or different in many parts of the UK will very quickly attract vandalism.

Oh dear, I seem to have peed all over the positive mood of the OP; perhaps I'm just a jaded old git!

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I love them like you all said be great to take un-suspecting kids on a wander through that woodland, as they age and grow moss n lichen and begin to decompose they will look insanely real until you are up closer

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeah, I think they're one of the coolest things I've seen for a while; the comment on how long they'd last here was prompted by memories of a few years back when my brother and I decided to get in ten acres of hay by hand, stook it and then build stacks as we used to; we did all of those things and twenty four hours after we'd finished somebody came onto the ground middle of the night and fired the lot.

Sadly, it's been my experience that anything adventurous or different in many parts of the UK will very quickly attract vandalism.

Oh dear, I seem to have peed all over the positive mood of the OP; perhaps I'm just a jaded old git!

No, it's just the sad reality of things :sigh:
I don't know how to teach that just because we can doesn't mean that we should.

M

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
No, it's just the sad reality of things :sigh:
I don't know how to teach that just because we can doesn't mean that we should.

M

Wicca, sometimes things need burning. I'd hope these last a while. Burning someone's hay for fun, Mac, is just vandalism.

Anyway, different country, different perspectives. I'd hope. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE