Stolen Landy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
As the title says.
In the early hours of this morning some low life decided they rather liked my Landrover so had away with it. They must have been targeting it as they managed to take it even though it has a removable hidden immobiliser key which I always remove when leaving it.
All that was left was the battery compartment lid and the fuse box lid on the drive so they obviously knew what they were doing.

Here is a photo of it as it was.
Landrover_Lakes1.jpg

As you can see it was fitted out with a unique home made winch bumper and Husky winch. There was also a unique tubular galvanised swing away wheel carrier and home made aluminium cubby box. Inside was a safety devices roll hoop and you may just make out the tree sliders along the roof line above the guttering.

If you have any information or hear anything regarding the vehicle or any of these items I would be very grateful if you could contact me or the Witney police who are available on 01993 893913. (Hope the mods don't mind me putting this number in the post, please remove it if it's a problem).

Thanks for reading.

B

bushyboo

Dirty b£$&*^ds will keep an eye out in case they bring it up here

Gordon

Lucyc

Forager
Jan 19, 2008
Somerset
Hopefully they'll be stupid enough to keep the same number plate - police cameras will pick it up..
Will keep my eyes open over here too.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Eyes open down south,
have you posted the pic and details anywhere else? not too much i can say but i can only imagine what your feeling right now

Lou

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
That's a major bummer. Sorry to hear the bad news. It's unlikely that I'll see it but it would be easy to recognize if I do.

It is possible that the thieves are an organized gang who will have contacts to ship it overseas. There were a lot of luxury cars vanishing to Nigeria around my area; the criminals would pick them up with a cherry picker, it's such a normal sight around here that nobody ever questioned them.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
That's s@?t mate.........i know how you feel. Had vehicles stolen before.

We had a brand spanker 110 with a spankin warn x9 winch (never used), and a brand new Husqvarna 255 in the back nicked from under us last year, it turned up in on Crosby beech burned out about 2 months later, god knows where it had been till then :rant:

Mark

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Manchester, merseyside, cheshire, macclesfiled covered ;) im out on the roads all day and if it passes me ill know that bar and tow anywhere.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
by the look of the landy it was targeted because of the mods, there is massive interest in off roading in my area on something called the Viking way, i usually keep away, but i will have a look in case anything similar turns up, condolences mate i hope it turns up safe and sound.

Adam.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sorry to hear about this Bob, hopefully you`ll get it back soon. Although sometimes it`s better not to after they`ve been nicked. My father-in-law had two standard D90s stolen from off his driveway in the space of 6 months a couple of years ago. Apparently they were being stolen to order in North Yorkshire at that time. Probably not what you wanted to here sorry.

Eyes are peeled in West Yorkshire too

Rich

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Thanks for all your support folks it's much appreciated.

Having the vehicle stolen is a pain but it's really all the extras that went with it that hurts (off road gear and tools) and the fact they slashed the tyres on our other vehicles so we couldn't follow them!

One of the chaps in the local Off road club had his vehicle stolen last year and it was found in Northampton. It seems like most of the vehicles around here end up in that area so if there is anyone around that area please keep your eyes peeled.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE