Stolen images !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I have just been alerted by a friend, to the unauthorised use of one of my pictures on Ebay.

The_Kit_Bag.JPG

The image on the left is mine, the image in the center is a reversed version of the BCUK banner at the top of the page and it's quite posible that the other shot has been stolen from here as well.

Anybody recognise it?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Can't seem to see where the middle picture comes from. Cant see the two trees leaning in the BCUK picture.

trees_bg.jpg

The 3rd is familiar, but can't place it, and a google image search on BCUK isn't finding it.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Have you contacted the shop and Ebay admin Wayland? If so what was the response from them?

Simon

I have only received this barely literate reply so far.

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] i have only found one item it can be, everything ive
taken myself, i will remove the basha pic from my listing, i hope
this is the item you meen - i didnt even realise it was still there,
i downloaded it to show the guy at the shop what i wanted to
sell, and then took my own pic, so this has moved to pic no 2
im really sorry for any ofence caused [/FONT]
I can't make much sense of that I'm afraid.

Contacting Ebay admin will be the next stage if he doesn't get it down soon.

Can't seem to see where the middle picture comes from. Cant see the two trees leaning in the BCUK picture.

trees_bg.jpg

The 3rd is familiar, but can't place it, and a google image search on BCUK isn't finding it.

I think you're right, I thought it was the center left bit reversed but it's not quite right is it.

Wouldn't mind betting it's from someone here though.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]hi there, i see what you are referring to now, i couldnt
understand before as all the pics i use for ebay are
photographed by me, or emailed to me by my wholesalers as
availiable to use.. this is the only pic i got off google as i
presumed it was okay, ive only had it on since i opened my shop
3 weeks ago
i will take it off now and use some pics of mine so it wont
happen again
thanks for informing me, as i would never have known it was a
problem otherwise
kind regards camo[/FONT]
He's taken it down now.

Why do people assume that just because they are on Google they are free to use as they want? :bluThinki

It's no wonder photographers are having a hard time making a living these days.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Maybe he found one of your others images Gary where you`re stood clenching a 6ft axe and decided it was for the best

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Yes unfortunately the internet is rife with this sort of thing. I regularly had things stolen by people off deviant art so I stopped going on.
I think you did the right thing by going easy at first though, some people really don't seem to think they are doing anything wrong, and although ignorance is not an excuse, in this instance, he wasnt really making money from the image, and hopefully wont do it again.
Ive used other peoples photos for reference with my art work before, I always ask for written permission first, or if the photographer is unavailable then only a small section of a photo can be used and it must be altered considerably, for instance to make up one elephant I once used various parts of 6 other elephants.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Maybe he found one of your others images Gary where you`re stood clenching a 6ft axe and decided it was for the best

:D

I hate this sort of thing. I've actually taken a shirt off someone and showed where I sewed my label into the seam to prove that I made it, to someone who was claiming it was all her own hand sewn work :rolleyes: and she was trying to undercut my prices at the same time :eek:
Kind of sets off a rant, doesn't it ? :eek:

Hope it all stays sorted out Gary.

cheers,
M

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
:D

I hate this sort of thing. I've actually taken a shirt off someone and showed where I sewed my label into the seam to prove that I made it, to someone who was claiming it was all her own hand sewn work :rolleyes: and she was trying to undercut my prices at the same time :eek:
Kind of sets off a rant, doesn't it ? :eek:

Hope it all stays sorted out Gary.

cheers,
M
YOu didnt rip it off her back and leave her standing there in a bra did you? Please tell me you did!:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE