Stamps for embossing leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Very, very nice.

Just a thought, why not let your Young Enterprise group (I presume your school has one?) loose with the idea.

The group in our school is always looking for new & novel ways to make money!

Simon

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
SimonM wrote:
Just a thought, why not let your Young Enterprise group (I presume your school has one?) loose with the idea.

The group in our school is always looking for new & novel ways to make money!

Cracking idea. Why didn't I think of that...?

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Just come across this, very impressive !!

Realise I'm joining the back of a que now but I'm deffinitely interested. A few there that really catch the eye.

Could you do the Scout 'fleur de lies' symbol ? with or without the rope surround ?

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
cool idea and impressive results. Could a similar thing be laser etched onto steel or stainless steel like a knife blank or something?

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Barney wrote:
cool idea and impressive results. Could a similar thing be laser etched onto steel or stainless steel like a knife blank or something?

Not with the equipment we have at school. You can indeed both cut and etch steel with a laser but you need a much more powerful machine. We occasionally cut 6mm MDF and this is about the limit for our machine.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
For all those who expressed an interest in the stamps the situation is this:

I will knock up a few standard designs and these I will sell for £4.50 inc. PP and Paypal. If you want a customised one then this will come in at £8.00 to £10.00, depending on how much time and fiddling I have to do in front of the computer screen and with the laser settings. The proceeds will go to buy materials for the pupils to make stuff with.

BUT!!!

Remember that this is a material that we are recycling after the kids have used it for their projects and is, therefore, only available as and when they have done with it - I can't go in to mass production! :)

I have also posted this on:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=483128&posted=1#post483128
go there if you want to see what SpanielMan has done with one of them.

I am currently working on the Scout logo for those who expressed an interest. When it's done, I'll post a pic and PM those who were interested.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE