Stainless steel pots / cookware. Anyone recommend a brand / website

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BootneckSteve

Apr 4, 2015
Ballymena
Title says it all. I've been using aluminium for a while and I'd like to change due to the brain-dissolving properties of aluminium. I recall all those (20) years ago when I was in Army Cadets and I had a stainless steel mess tin with lid that was excellent. Does anybody know where I would find stainless steel mess tins / compact camp cookpots. I just want a small one that will fit in my webbing if anybody has any suggestions even of a brand that'd be great. I looked at the titanium ones after clicking the banner ad on here but its not that much in my affordable range ATM!
Thanks in advance

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The tatonka one ltr pot is a good size for one person. I use a zebra 12cm billycan & one of my better buys from a charity shop a s/steel tea pot, never used mess tins.

Rob

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Title says it all. I've been using aluminium for a while and I'd like to change due to the brain-dissolving properties of aluminium. I recall all those (20) years ago when I was in Army Cadets and I had a stainless steel mess tin with lid that was excellent. Does anybody know where I would find stainless steel mess tins / compact camp cookpots. I just want a small one that will fit in my webbing if anybody has any suggestions even of a brand that'd be great. I looked at the titanium ones after clicking the banner ad on here but its not that much in my affordable range ATM!
Thanks in advance

Err... Incoming.

Other than the zero evidence in peer reviewed papers about this (just like the supposed autism/MMR links) I would have to say Zebra or Tatonka make good stainless gear.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Tatonka 1ltr pot fits a water bottle pouch and is good for one person or for a larger meal the Tatonka 1.6.
If you still fancy mess tins the Dutch stainless ones are brilliant.

Zebra are are great but I personaly find them too tall to cook in.

Oh and I still use Aluminium pots too and ................
what was I saying again.

BootneckSteve

Apr 4, 2015
Ballymena
Just got the Tatonka website open in another window ATM thanks for the input fellas. As for the aluminium thing, true theres no hard evidence I'd just rather not risk it :)

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Decent pan for a couple of you and can fry in the lid if needed.
You can also pack lots of food it it to transport but personaly a little too big for one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE