Stainless canisters at Morrisons

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, just trying to find someone who sells them. I've got a 14 and was thinking of using the little one as a hobo. Doesn't fit inside with the little dish thing though.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
A 10cm zebra sits nicely inside the little one ;)

...and a 12 fits the large one!

DSC00433.jpg

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Yes, I've been using those.
The smallest one is of very limited use. I have one for boiling up water if out for a walk on my own. That's about the limit of its use.
The bigger one is a good size. I've made a hobo out of one and a billy.

Tell you a really good one - Dunelm Mill. It's a furnishings place. They do a stainless steel 'desktop bin'. It's £5.99 and makes a good 12/14cm billy substitute. Right depth on it as well.

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Ive tried two Morrisons now trying to get these plus the cutlery drainer (mentioned in one of the Hobo threads) and neither had them. However, we actually have a Dunelm's in town so may well pop in and have another look (didnt spot the desk top jobbie the other day when I was looking to see if they did drainers).

ATB, Jon.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
You'll find the desktop bin with all the utensils and stuff.
It looks like a mini-swing bin. The top just pops off.

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
How much food can you cook in one?

I made one last year, did a few tests and they are great for boiling water if you have enough tinder and stuff to burn. I am still doing tests trying to find the most reliable stove to take away with me on trips, so far my trangia seems the best but alas it is so heavy.

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
I too will soon be in Hobo stove heaven as ive just managed to buy a stainless drainer from Homobase - Woohooo!

Its just under 14cm wide, holes all over the place in different sizes and it cost £4.99. Ive just cut a mouth in the front and also chopped down some skewers for suppports. Now all I need is a pot for cooking in so off to Tesco tomorrow for a poke about.

ARB, Jon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE