Squeaky boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Hi all - I wondered if anyone could help me with a boot problem;

I have a lovely comfortable pair of soft leather DM's which are my 'everyday boot'. They are perfect in every way EXCEPT they have developed a really annoying squelching sound as I walk! I'm really conscious of it going about my day, it sounds like I've been paddling about in the canal! Not to mention walking around on polished wooden floors at work; Then I sound like someone trying to creep around in a Laurel and Hardy film.

The boots are dry so I don't think its actually water making the sound. The boots are not ordinary DM's; They've got a modern looking sole and like I said the leather is really soft.

Anybody got any idea's?

Magentus

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Has the sole split ? repair with a hot knife to seal the hole.

There is a thin strip of spring steel running through the shoe this might have split and is scraping together.

Sqeaky shoes means you haven't paid for them ( old wives tale) lol

other than that i have no idea.

How old are your shoes ?

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Could be the tread. When you have worn/had boots a while, they will develope uneven wear. Due to the nature of how we walk, this can cause the tread to "stand proud" on parts of the sole that recieve the least wear due to your walk pattern.

To cure this do some walking on hard/rough surfaces, like concrete, and that should wear down the prominent tread. On the other hand if it squeeks on grass then its something else.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Thanks men. As I was out posting some stuff today, I noticed the squeaking is concentrated in the heels - could be either of your suggeations so I'll take a closer look I think. Could be I notice it alot more than anyone else too.

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
I had a pair of unnaturally squeaking boots due to a puncture in the heel. Air was being forced out every step I took which made a high pitched farty squeak. Was fixed with a bit of super glue squirted in the hole.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE