Spyderco BCUK Bushcrafter REDUCED

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Well courier companies are allowed to take a fee for their services, but that must not interfere or unnecessarily delay delivery of the goods. FedEx make a similar charge, but they deliver the goods promptly and invoice you for their fees later, leaving you free to exercise your consumer rights if you wish, without interfering with the delivery of your goods. This is perfectly legal. The issue with parcelforce is that they hold onto your goods until you've paid the ransom, as well as being against the law, they denying you the freedom to exercise your consumer rights. In most cases they never actually deliver as the goods get collected from the depot. They are not doing what they have been contracted to do (deliver the goods in an orderly and timely fashion).

Josh, good for you, be your own man.

Last edited:

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Got mine today
I am a lucky boy
mine has only some very very minor imperfections
Aint doing nothing much to it

Its a bloody lovely knife

and the shaeath is Ok if somewat heavy duty

Last edited:
Well courier companies are allowed to take a fee for their services, but that must not interfere or unnecessarily delay delivery of the goods. FedEx make a similar charge, but they deliver the goods promptly and invoice you for their fees later, leaving you free to exercise your consumer rights if you wish, without interfering with the delivery of your goods. This is perfectly legal. The issue with parcelforce is that they hold onto your goods until you've paid the ransom, as well as being against the law, they denying you the freedom to exercise your consumer rights. In most cases they never actually deliver as the goods get collected from the depot. They are not doing what they have been contracted to do (deliver the goods in an orderly and timely fashion).

So is the fee legal and if so i assume you will pay when invoiced later
and if you refuse they can take you to court for it ????

ATB

Duncan

I've laced some paracord around the sheath for a baldric carry and it's starting to grow on me.

try it like this now my fav carry and tho on a smaller knife im developing my sheath to do this exclusively for a fulll size
one point tho make the tie from sheath to belt elastic shock cord to have a bit of give :eek:;) its worth using this tie to hold the knife in place etc

armcarry1.jpg

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi all
I was lucky enough to have a piece of wood kicking around that seemed to match the spalting on the Bushcrafter so I made myself a matching firesteel. I also had a leather sheath for a Mora which I had not been using with some minor mods and a bit of renovation it seems to be a nice fit for the Bushcrafter :)

4456928872_8b0c734b2c.jpg

4456928544_5d12db27ba.jpg

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Thanks to JonathanD on this, took delivery at the week-end and I'm filling the splits/gaps with Zap-a-Gap. Looks like it will be a good worker, feels good in the hand, I've got small hands, but I too will have to do something about the sheath.
Thanks again to all who put work into making this happen...
jon

strideredc

Dec 19, 2009
west sussex
Plus paying means you avoid every parcel you get from them in future being used as a football!

PF handle hundreds of thousands of parcels a night through there hubs i dont think they are going to take it personally and remember you:rolleyes:

if they do then claim for the damage, any company that acts illegally like they do deserves all they get. there £8 charge is disproportionate.

maybe if everyone stopped paying they would reduce the fee? or they would just increase the charges to maintain there margin.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Thanks for clearing that up, a lot of people seem to have read it first as they dont need to pay at all :D
wouldnt want a lot of peeps encouraged to illegally with hold payment :rolleyes:

so either pay when they ask or in a weeks time

ATB

Duncan

It is illegal to withhold delivery because of a civil debt. They have done this and that is grounds to contest the fee. I will be contesting the fee on this basis if and when they send me an invoice.

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
PF handle hundreds of thousands of parcels a night through there hubs i dont think they are going to take it personally and remember you:rolleyes:

if they do then claim for the damage, any company that acts illegally like they do deserves all they get. there £8 charge is disproportionate.

maybe if everyone stopped paying they would reduce the fee? or they would just increase the charges to maintain there margin.

I'm afraid I can't agree with you there. I worked for years in a postroom with people that were ex posties and delivery drivers. I've heard plenty of stories of just that sort of thing. Drivers often have a regular round, of course they're going to notice if "that aggro tw*t has another parcel". I'm not saying they'd all bother or even care particularly but all it takes is one. As for claiming for damage, have you ever tried it? With Royal Mail it's a paperwork nightmare, I can't see it being any easier with Parcelforce. The thought of having to do that with every parcel they deliver makes my blood run cold.
I look at it this way, I knew they'd charge me when I placed the order.

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Mine left the United States from ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) at 12:29 PM on March 12, 2010!
AND I've bought some cheap runny superglue (10 for a £1), in hopeful anticipation of a minor repair (+ve thoughts). Is this too cheap to be suitable?

PREPER......... :)

Well it came. It took 17 days and £97.58 including the £21.30 'ransom' paid to Parcelforce.
It had two very small cracks and a few 'gaps/holes' in the handle. Four small imperfections in the wood about 2-3 mm wide, 1-2 mm deep near the blade.
It arrived clean i.e. not covered in oil and I spent 20mins with the 10 for a £ runny superglue I had. It worked a treat.
I didn't wait as I was off next day for the 2010 Outdoor Show meet and I wanted to give it a 'testing'.
Conclusion:
Worth every penny, my new favourite!

PREPER............ :)

Jun 10, 2007
Blackforest
My knife arrived 2 days ago. I was very frustrated about the condition as it arrived,
it had 2 very large cracks across the whole handle on both sides, ok its a second. I will produce a new handle. But a lot of glue on the whole blade ???? The blade has a nick on the blades back, a mark in the cutting edge and the handle is imprecise grinded..sorry its a acceptable price ..now, but the original price is definetly overpriced for this poor quality. Especially in comparison to my EnzO knife. No comment about the sheath...
It seems to me that the knife was produced by knifebuilders which never have seen nor used a fixed blade with wooden handle..
So i will order some handle material and ..with a lot of work it will be a good knife.

Excuse my bad english....

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've not heard of any others arriving like that, it might be worth contacting them and explaining you were expecting the handles to have a problem but not nicks out of the blade etc.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
the nick in the back of the blade is deliberate.
It's how Spyderco mark seconds.
All the BCUK blades will have it.
Usually it's bigger, but apparently Sal had the nick made quite subtle.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
the nick in the back of the blade is deliberate.
It's how Spyderco mark seconds.
All the BCUK blades will have it.
Usually it's bigger, but apparently Sal had the nick made quite subtle.

I thought that was a cock-up on mine - if it's deliberate then I don't mind at all :)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
When a problem was found with the handle material, most of the knives got treated with boiled linseed oil, which polymerised. Lacking any other info, that might be the glue stuff on the blade. Most folk who have had the seconds have commented that the knives have been fully cleaned.

Unfortnuately, the cleaning and extra grinding operation (for the notch denoting a second) meant the knives got handled a fair bit and some knives have been reported with damaged edges, probably as a result of this handling.

Can't comment on the handle grind. All examples I have seen, or seen pictures of have been well shaped. Some have had terrible handle shrinkage, others none at all.

Sorry you have had problems. Hope the re-handling works out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE