Springs, springs, springs! *WANTED*

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Mhmm, I need some small springs to replace the damaged onesin my handdrill chuck jaws!

The size I need is 3mm - 13mm and about 0.5mm thick. Yeah, I know..

Got some random unpictured chuck jaw springs coming in from amazon.co.uk but I have no idea what size they are as it had no info at all on them so I figured i'd ask the womblers and hoarders among the forum for some! :D

oddly enough springs have never looked that improtant to me before, but I will certainly begin my quest to collect them.. just incase I aquire another vintage hand drill that needs new springs.. :eek:

So, anyone got some like this? or one long one I can cut down and use? Got a few little bits to swap for any so please let me know!

cheers dudes

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Hand drills........didn't know they were still in existance:confused:
I might have an old one somewhere,,,i'll get back to you mate tomorrow;)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
BEHOLD, a thing of beauty.
Knew this beast would come in handy one day.

IMAG1637_zpsb693c446.jpg

But... could I find a tape measure! I think one of these will fit if you are stuck. Will try and find my work bench under all the shavings in the morning.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Are the springs out of pens any good.

depends if they fit, spring tension might be enough to self align the jaws.. hmm, got any? don't think I have any clicky pens..

Hand drills........didn't know they were still in existance:confused:
I might have an old one somewhere,,,i'll get back to you mate tomorrow;)

I don't have mains power in several parts of my home so the hand drill is really useful :)
ooh! cheers bud, no worries though if you can't find it. :)

BEHOLD, a thing of beauty.
Knew this beast would come in handy one day.

IMAG1637_zpsb693c446.jpg

But... could I find a tape measure! I think one of these will fit if you are stuck. Will try and find my work bench under all the shavings in the morning.

LOL, nice! please let me know if any of them are near the size of the old ones! :D

cheers gents!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE