spoon animation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sean Hellman

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2009
devon
www.seanhellman.com
I made this stop motion animation earlier in the year, and thought you guys would like a look, enjoy.
[video=youtube;sTipZYvjBys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTipZYvjBys[/video]

The only problem I have with it is I did not take enough photos during the carving with the knife.

Last edited by a moderator:

FarPoint

Jan 15, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Cool animation. My question is how to keep carved spoon from splitting as it dries. Should I keep it in a plastic bag with some oil or water, treat is somehow or use already cured wood?
Any advice would be appreciated.

-FarPoint
All those who wander are not lost.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Cool, nice vid.

Just let it dry naturally and slowly away from heat sources, if it wants to split there isn't much that can be done to stop it.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
This is excellent! Wifey is doing stop-motion animation with her class at the mo - I'm sure they will be inspired!

Z

bert333

Settler
Jan 15, 2008
Earth- for awhile longer...
Cool animation. My question is how to keep carved spoon from splitting as it dries. Should I keep it in a plastic bag with some oil or water, treat is somehow or use already cured wood?
Any advice would be appreciated.

-FarPoint
All those who wander are not lost.

At the risk of offending the some bushcraft 'sensitivities' :eek:, I will recommend that you just wrap in this - dispose of sensibly!
It is the best material I have found to keep freshly cut spoon/kuksa's moist during works in progress or wood waiting to be re-shaped when I asked the same question here a wee while ago.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE