Special Heirloom Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I suggest its time for a shoe audit Jon.

You get to spend double if there are more than five pairs

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I suggest its time for a shoe audit Jon.

You get to spend double if there are more than five pairs

I will when I get back, although to be fair and sporting, we should go for more than 20 pairs. Looks like she's still online. Who's gonna cook the dinner? I use 'cook' in it's broadest meaning by the way :yuck:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Keep trolling Emma - I wanna see the cozzie (Southy made me say that!)

hjghjg10.jpg

7648-palm-tree-society-island-beach.jpg

John-Lennon_3.jpg

Wicken-Fen-View-of-water--010.jpg

na.jpg

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Are you actually going to use this one Jonathan? I only ask in case the blonde is still reading. :pokenest:

Anyway, good to see it coming along. It will be great to see it in the flesh, if you'll pardon the expression. :)

Forgive my ignorance, is the steel corrosion resistant or are you going to have to pamper it?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Are you actually going to use this one Jonathan? I only ask in case the blonde is still reading. :pokenest:

Anyway, good to see it coming along. It will be great to see it in the flesh, if you'll pardon the expression. :)

Forgive my ignorance, is the steel corrosion resistant or are you going to have to pamper it?

It is supposed to be a collector piece for me, a keepsake as an example of the design and to showcase Stu's skills as a knifemaker, and I didn't plan on using it as I have my other users. The steel is Swedish damasteel, so will have the same properties as RWL, so yeah, pamper free.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Stu, I think the bolsters may be better narrower than first thought, due to Trunks revised and slimmer UK/Adder logo. I know that the pins will be slightly off centre now, but will that matter much?

There was something else that I neede to ask, but I can't remember what it was... too many mojitos in quick succession have impaired my memory accessing abilities.

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Stu, I think the bolsters may be better narrower than first thought, due to Trunks revised and slimmer UK/Adder logo. I know that the pins will be slightly off centre now, but will that matter much?

There was something else that I neede to ask, but I can't remember what it was... too many mojitos in quick succession have impaired my memory accessing abilities.
Mojito's!!!! It's a Thursday night.....

Tell/show me more of your new bolster idea, I'm sure it can be sorted...

You know Damasteel and vacuum ht techniques considered, it is not impossible to anneal and re-ht that blade, in order to re-drill, other than extra holes there would be no adverse effects....

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You know Damasteel and vacuum ht techniques considered, it is not impossible to anneal and re-ht that blade, in order to re-drill, other than extra holes there would be no adverse effects....

Judging from the hole positions, I don't think that it will be needed. As soon as we have the finished etching design, we can have a look at what needs to be done.

From the pics we have of Trunks design, do you think the engravers can work with that resolution, or will it have to be higher?

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
From the pics we have of Trunks design, do you think the engravers can work with that resolution, or will it have to be higher?
Dunno mate, we can find out though easily enough, I'm seeing them tomorrow anyway.... Can you (or Trunks) email the artwork you have to me?

When you live with Emm, every night is Mojito's night.
Sorry to hear that mate, I hate to hear of a man being driven to the demon drink by a trying woman.... :surrender:

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Can you (or Trunks) email the artwork you have to me?

No probs Stu, I'll send it tonight. Jon if you pm your email address i can cc it to you too.

The original is higher res than the one I posted up, so the quality should be ok.

Any last minute alts Jon?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
No, It's looking good, just needs to be black and white without the background and all patternation defined so it shows better when shrunk to etching size. Can't hank you enough for that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE