South Wales meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
OK, for those that are interested please let me know if it is a definite, as I need to confirm numbers with the site owner.

It will not be a hard core bush-craft meet something a little less formal just a chance for people to get to know each other, and maybe a chance to try out some of your kit.
So there is no need to worry if you’re not a hardened mountain man, not many of us are.
As rik-uk mentioned I will bring some wood for friction fire lighting sets, and if you get bored with them you can always chuck them on the fire.

Nigel

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
I'll be along for the weekend, and bringing my GF's 12 year old son who's dead keen and will probably deafen everyone with his endless questions :rolleyes: :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Bloody hell Andrew, and I'd just got rid of my kid's, big lump (that's Luke 19) can't make this trip, and my 21 year old daughter has promised not to ask to start camping until her first trip which is the bushmoot in July, and your bringing a 12 year old who will ask questions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, are you a mad man :eek:

Only joking Andrew, that will be great, all welcome, and I'm sure the lad will have a good time, and as for questions, well, thats how you learn and develop ;)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Blimey.... I thought it was this weekend!! Thats why I said I cant make it.... DOH!!! ....

rik_uk3 .... as you live a 10 min walk from me, is there any chance of a lift... we'll split petrol costs? Please pm me with details :D

Ed

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
hey nigel, i just had money to get my car fixed but i dont know if i can do it in time. i/we could catch the train maybe. i also have to see how much money i will have by the end of the week - i should be ok. or if anyone offers a lift...

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Hi Andrew, Ed, Rik and Sam.

Great weekend thanks for all the help with everything. The food was great, don’t think I will be able to eat for a week.

Ed, the boy’s were well chuffed and can’t wait to go to the woods to try everything out. Thanks Ed.

Rich, Thanks for the stove the boy’s have already got it going in the garden.

Sam, keep practicing.

Just got to clean up all my kit now.

Looking forward to the next one.

All the Best

Nigel

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nigel said:
Hi Andrew, Ed, Rik and Sam.

Great weekend thanks for all the help with everything. The food was great, don’t think I will be able to eat for a week.

Ed, the boy’s were well chuffed and can’t wait to go to the woods to try everything out. Thanks Ed.

Rich, Thanks for the stove the boy’s have already got it going in the garden.

Sam, keep practicing.

Just got to clean up all my kit now.

Looking forward to the next one.

All the Best

Nigel

Thank YOU Nigel, your a gentleman, and there are very few of us left ;) It was a pleasure to meet all, especialy young Sam, a nice lad, and on the right route to becoming a nice man.

Andrew, I even liked the dog, although he did hijack my sleeping bag ;)

DSCF1958Small.jpg

Nigel, what do you mean about the food :confused: All we had was Chicken curry on Friday, Beef Stew Saturday, plus your usual breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday morning :You_Rock_

Ed, guess what happened to the Laplander when I got home :rolleyes:

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Hi Rik,

Never mind the dog, how about my size nine muddy paws, did you manage to clean the tent? :eek:

Thanks mate your a true gent too. :beerchug:

ATB
Nigel

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Just a quick thankyou to you all.... Great food and great company, we'll have to organise another one soon :D

Nigel : I'm glad the boys liked the bits and bobs.... the knives may need a good sharpen as they are old student mora knives that just got thrown back in the box.

Justin : It was good to meet up with you again... and thanks for sharing the wiskey :).... I hope you and sam had a great time..... and keep practicing that bow drill ;)

Rik : I'd guess either luke nicked it or you've lost it amongst all them stoves ;)... let me know if you need another and I'll meet up in town with you for a pint.

Again, thanks for a fantstic time. I'll look forward to the next one :D

:)
Ed

L

lukeuk2

i missed this meetup but heard it was a great time there, will try my best to make it to anyones in the future.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE