Soup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Carrot and coriander made with those great big tasty Winter carrots :)

I like broth too, with loads of veggies and peas and lentils and barley in it.

I haven't had lunch yet.......now I'm hungry.

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm a good vegetarian Phil :) you can have the chops, just keep them away from my dinner please.
Herby doughballs (your dumplings, up here a dumpling is a big boiled fruit laden cake) 'are' good in soup though, very filling and great when you're out and it's cold and wet. Easy to make when cooking over a fire too :approve:

cheers,
Toddy

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Leek and Potato with a dolop of english mustard during the 'making' process or a Lamb Cawl with fresh thyme and pearl barley...
Minestrone with fresh Parmesan and balsamic reduction, I cant think of any home made soups I don't like!

Tom Yum with Prawns and a shed load of coriander, the list is endless :)

This is a very good book http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cooks-library-soups-parragon/1005728445

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
someone posted a recipe for a superb spicey tomato and lentil soup somewhere on here a while ago, i can't find it now and can't remember who posted it, but it does make a great soup if you can find it

stuart

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Lentil Soup
Tattie Soup
Chicken and rice
Pea and ham
I can make fresh tomato soup which tastes like Heinz which is strangely disappointing but pleasing at the same time
I like soup

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Tom yum is ace - hot and sour is another favourite. Chilli and lentil is a good one which is surprisingly meaty for having no meat in it.

A man after my own heart ;) love Tom Yum, been using it for years, they appeared to have changed the jar at my local Chinese supermarket, :( I also grab water mushrooms, water chesnuts, and bamboo shoots along with the usual spicy ingredients. Asda sell stir fry veg in a tin which at times, go into some soups.

winst0nsmith

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2012
South West Wales
My mum's chicken soup- Rip any meat left off the carcass off a roast chicken and boil it (carcass)for an hour or so, drain and loose the bird, lobb in a couple of stock-cubes, the meat and a couple of cups of pudding rice, boil for twenty mins or so, season and add a shed-load of parsley at the last minute. Great for any illness.

After that it's lentil soup spiced with chili and cumin, served with crutons fried in loads of garlic. Great winter warmer.

After that it's mushroom soup with a fat slice of lemon in the bottom of the bowl. Just great.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
My mum's chicken soup- Rip any meat left off the carcass off a roast chicken and boil it (carcass)for an hour or so, drain and loose the bird, lobb in a couple of stock-cubes, the meat and a couple of cups of pudding rice, boil for twenty mins or so, season and add a shed-load of parsley at the last minute. Great for any illness.

After that it's lentil soup spiced with chili and cumin, served with crutons fried in loads of garlic. Great winter warmer.

After that it's mushroom soup with a fat slice of lemon in the bottom of the bowl. Just great.

I think i might give your mum's chicken soup a try.

Craig.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE