Soup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

aza148

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2009
south yorks, penistone
Like I said on my last post I would male some nettle soup so as I've gone out this morning and gathers the nettles now made it and the missus loves it which is unusual for her she normaly hates anything from the wild
ve6uge3a.jpg

sent on the road using tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
... the missus loves it which is unusual for her she normaly hates anything from the wild

What until tomorrow to see if she still likes it :)

I speak from experience when, for some folks, it has a habit of going through them rather quickly and coming out the same as it went in... :rolleyes:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I didn't know it could do that :D I fed an entire dig team nettle soup once when there wasn't a bit of food in the kitchen on site :( None of them had ever had it before and not one of the 30+ people mentioned the squits.
There you go; I learned sommat new :D

I like nettle soup....now that's an idea for the clump I missed in my weeding last week :D if the rain goes off :rolleyes:

atb,
M

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I didn't know it could do that :D I fed an entire dig team nettle soup once when there wasn't a bit of food in the kitchen on site :( None of them had ever had it before and not one of the 30+ people mentioned the squits.
There you go; I learned sommat new :D

Oh yes... though I did say some folks :)

For me it was Mr Fenna's special recipe and I most certainly didn't enjoy the experience of making a mad dash at 3am for the toilets at the moot. It's one of the reasons we installed our own en suite facilities at Dingly Dell the next year. It's shortened the morning dash quite considerably :rolleyes: :lmao:

Because of that one experience I have forgone the dubious pleasure of trying it at other times :)

May 28, 2014
Leeds
I used tomake my own nettle tea, it made me wee a lot but is a diuretic, I didn't know it had the other effect. I suppose if you're not used to eating that much green?

aza148

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2009
south yorks, penistone
It never had that effect on me or the missus like I said I think it's down to your digestive system on what it can handle but it was lovely

sent on the road using tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE